555 Timer LED Flasher - What is Capacitor ?
- An electronic component that stores an electric charge and releases it when required.
- It comes in a huge variety of sizes and types for use in regulating power as well as for conditioning, smoothing and isolating signals.
- Capacitors are made from many different materials, and virtually every electrical and electronic system uses them.
- Capacitors can be fabricated onto integrated circuit (IC) chips. They are commonly used in conjunction with transistors in dynamic random access memory (DRAM).
Non-polarized and Polarized
- The Polarity indicates whether a circuit component is symmetric or not.
- A polarized component might have two, twenty, or even two-hundred pins, and each one has a unique function or position
- The non-polarized capacitors are of two types .
- The plastic foil that are nonpolarized by nature. Electrolytic nonpolarized capacitors .
- These are actually two capacitors in series (back to back) so that the result is nonpolarized with half the capacitance.