Russia Interview Outfits
- Russia people - Russian
- Russia capital / capital of Russia - Moscow
- Russia language - Russian
- Russia population / population of Russia - 2017 estimate 144,554,993
- Russia currency - Russian ruble
RUSSIA COUNTRY DRESS CODE
- Russians tend to dress as well as their salaries will allow. Men would tend to wear either a dark suit or jacket and trousers with a tie and women / russian girls mainly wear business suits or blouses and skirts.
- It is important, for westerners to look smart and appear to be expensively dressed as this enhances credibility. From the safety standpoint, it is probably not advisable to wear very expensive watches or jewellery.
- The winters can be extreme (as can the summers) so ensure suitable clothing to meet whatever the prevailing conditions. Be sure to remember a hat, gloves and scarf in winter.
- russia is real famous for its russian roulette , vintage clothing , russian dressing , german clothing , italian clothing , traditional dresses , russian culture , russian costume , traditional russian clothing , russian shirt , russian traditional clothing , russian fashion , russian outfit , russian traditional dress , scottish clothing , russian marriage , russia t shirt , national clothing , russian style clothing
RUSSIA DRESS CODE FOR JOB INTERVIEWS
- It is important to demonstrate at an interview good appearance as well as good manners.
- A large number of organizations observe “casual Fridays”, when employees can dress more casually. However, they still observe certain rules.
- A "serious" businessperson is expected to look formal and conservative. Wearing very light or bright colors might make you appear “not serious” or unreliable to Russians. So, dress neatly and formally.
- russian Women / russian girls may wear dresses or skirts and blouses and Suits and ties are appropriate for men.
- Caps, bandannas, athletic shoes, sweats, unkempt clothes, jeans, singlets, open shoes and thongs are never acceptable.
- If the wind was blowing, comb your hair before making first contact at the reception.
- Do not carry a water bottle or coffee mug. Carry only a slim folder holding your job application documents and CVs. Do not chew anything.
BUSINESS DRESS CODE
- There is one old Russian proverb meaning: first you judge “how nice”, then you judge “how wise”. Most of Russian businesspeople pay a lot of attention to how they are dressed. Here are some helpful tips on how to prepare for a formal meeting with the Russian partners.
- Some statistics show that the Russian people in general probably spend more money from their family budget on clothing than any other nation in the world.
- Russians tend to dress as well as their salaries allow. russian men prefer to put on either a dark suit or a jacket with a tie, and trousers, while
russian women / russian girls mainly wear
- business suits,
- formal dresses or
- blouses and
- skirts at work.
- If there is no formal dress-code, many people prefer to wear jeans. Some companies have a dress-down Friday, when everyone is allowed to come to work in jeans and sweaters. The employees put on
- casual blouses or T-shirts,
- track jackets, and
- sneakers/running shoes or even stocking feet,
but some organizations require business casual or smart casual dress. Several offices allow a themed dress-down day.
- Businessmen in Russia usually wear dark (with the exception of the hot summer season) well-tailored suits along with the expensive shoes.
- A businessman’s wardrobe demonstrates the individual’s image as a professional. Top businessmen sometimes have their personal image makers who create business looks for them.
- russian women dress rather conservatively, avoiding overly flashy or gaudy outfits. However, this rule can’t be applied to the sphere of fashion, design, and other creative industries.
- Attending informal dinner in a citizen’s home, casual dress of slacks and a nice shirt without a tie are appropriate if the details of dress-code are not mentioned in the invitation.
- In fact, there are two main types of "business dress", Professional Dress and Business Casual, depending on the type of the company.
- Professional Dress is the most conservative type of business wear, mostly often met in accounting, finance, etc.
- For russian women / russian girls, this means a business suit or a pants suit, or a dress and a jacket.
- For russian men, professional dress means a business suit or a blazer, dress pants and a tie.
- Business Casual is a more relaxed version of "Professional Dress", but it doesn’t mean that the employees are allowed to be absolutely “casual”, and some meetings and events still require “Professional Dress”.
- Business casual is a shirt with a collar and/or a sweater, dress pants and nice shoes for russian women.
- russian women / russian girls can also sometimes wear a moderate length dress or skirt (knee-length or longer).
- For russian men, business casual is a polo shirt or shirt with a collar and/or sweater, dress pants and dress shoes. No tie is required.
- russian men often do not take off their jackets in negotiations in Russia.
- Standing with the hands in your pockets may be considered to be inpolite. But very often Russian businessmen don’t pay much attention to following this rule.
- Planning a business trip to Russia, mind that the winters here can be extremely cold, so ensure suitable clothing to meet whatever the prevailing conditions. Be sure to take a hat, gloves and a warm scarf in winter.
- It is recommended to have several formal and informal suits for attending business meetings, having lunch, and going to the theatres and museums.
TRADITIONAL RUSSIAN CLOTHING
- Traditional Russian clothing is different from clothing of other countries of the world and even from the neighboring countries. Traditions have been preserved primarily within the peasantry.
- During the reign of Peter I, the Russian tsar issued a decree that prohibited wearing traditional Russian clothing in favor of foreign clothes. It was the outward manifestation of all the innovations introduced by Peter I.
- Apparel companies focussed mainly on men's constumes and they check out the pulses of russian internet searches and find out the apt solution for the below key searches by the russians such as russian t shirts online , russia t shirt , russian cossack shirt , russian baby clothes , russian coat , russian t shirts apparel , russian woman costume , russian peasant costume , russian peasant shirt , russian costume for kids , russian military clothing , russian clothing for men
- Peasants were not affected by this decree. Peasants are real conservatives who rarely made any changes in their clothing. Clothing traditions in Russia among the peasants were handed down from generation to generation. And clothing was made mostly at home by using various home-produced materials.
- Besides peasants, clothing traditions were preserved by the
- Old Believers and
- other strata of Russian society.
- Russia is a big country with diverse climate zones: from subtropical to arctic. In every region of vast Russia different styles of clothing emerged.
TRADITIONAL LIFE OF RUSSIAN PEASANTS
- Unchanging way of life of the peasantry, restraint and adherence to traditions affected a typical female costume.
- Traditional Russian women’s clothing almost completely hid the female figure and focused on the face with the help of a headdress that completely hid the hair.
- At the same time, russian men’s clothing was extremely simple and almost the same throughout Russia.
COLOR SCHEMES IN CLOTHING
- Traditionally, Russian clothing has two main colors – a natural color of the material – white, and red. “Red” is the same word that was used in the olden days to call everything beautiful.
- red elements in clothing became beautiful elements. Interaction with other nations led to emergence of very interesting new colors in Russian clothing: yellow, gold, blue, etc.
PATTERNS AND EMBROIDERIES USED IN DECORATING CLOTHES
- For the southern regions of Russia plant and geometric patterns were common, while for the Russian North – geometric patterns, zoological patterns and those associated with human life: the figures of
- the tree of life,
- complex diamond shapes and so on.
- Belt is a mandatory part of traditional Russian clothing for both russian men and russian women. Belt was considered to have protective powers, acted as an amulet.
- Girls wore on their beltspocket-“lakomki”, and russian women / russian girls wore on their belts purses for money and little things.
- russian women / russian girls tied their belts under their chest or under the belly.
- russian men wore on their belts (homespun or leather) smoking accessories.
OUTERWEAR FOR THE TRANSITION PERIOD (SPRING AND AUTUMN)
- Surprisingly, outerwear was the same for both russian men and russian women & russian girls. Those were caftans, homespun coats, peasant overcoats and so on. The main similarity in clothing was a deep fold on the left side.
- Winter clothing for russian men and russian women was also similar. Those were sheepskin coats, hare skin coats, half-length fur coats – all with the fur on the inside.
- On the outsidewinter clothes were also decorated.
- Clothing was cinched at the waist with belts – sashes.
THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
- Development of the industry and reduced prices of fabrics and garments, urban development had an impact on the traditional Russian clothing. Gradually among conservative peasants such russian women’s clothing items as “skirt-blouse” and even a dressbegan to appear.
- Such changes occurred faster in the central regions of Russia, near big cities, slower – in remote villages
CLOTHING TIPS FOR RUSSIAN women
- Moscow and St Petersburg are very much like any other cosmopolitan city; russian women love to dress up and are rarely seen without make-up and high heels.
- But, with all the sightseeing to do, we suggest you save your high heels for the evenings.
- A few well chosen pieces of costume jewelry will transform any outfit. And a pashmina is a versatile piece too that will dress up any outfit - try it with a simple smart dress.
- If you are planning to visit an Orthodox Church be sure to cover your head with a scarf, and cover up bare arms and legs - your pashmina or wrap can come in handy for this too.
- If you are in Russia on business, pack a conservative skirt-suit with tights or stockings and smart shoes.
CLOTHING TIPS FOR russian men
- If you are in Russia on business russian men are expected to wear a dark, well tailored suit and tie, with smart shoes.
- For great versatile travel jackets with multiple pockets including RFID security options, we love the SCOTTeVEST range.