oauth tutorial - OAuth Resource Owner Password Credentials Grant Requests and Response - oauth2 tutorial - oauth authentication
What is requests and response?
Request-response, or request-reply, is one of the basic methods computers use to communicate with each other, in which the first computer sends a request for some data and the second computer responds to the request.
Learn OAuth 2.0 - OAuth 2.0 tutorial - process of oauth2.0 resource owner password credentials grant - OAuth 2.0 examples - OAuth 2.0 programs
Resource Owner Password Credentials Grant Request
The request contains the following parameters:
|grant_type||Required. Must be set to password|
|username||Required. The username of the resource owner, UTF-8 encoded.|
|password||Required. The password of the resource owner, UTF-8 encoded.|
|scope||Optional. The scope of the authorization.|
Resource Owner Password Credentials Grant Response
The response is a JSON structure containing the access token. The JSON structure looks like this:
- The access_token property is the access token as assigned by the authorization server.
- The token_type property is a type of token assigned by the authorization server.
- The expires_in property is a number of seconds after which the access token expires, and is no longer valid. Expiration of access tokens is optional.
- The refresh_token property contains a refresh token in case the access token can expire.
- The refresh token is used to obtain a new access token once the one returned in this response is no longer valid.