Server Hacking - What is port ?
- A port is generally a specific place for being physically connected to some other device in the computer and telecommunication device.
- In programming, a port is a "logical connection place" and specifically, using the Internet's protocol.
- Normally a computer is provided with one or more serial ports and usually one parallel port.
- Ports allow computers to access external devices such as printers.
- A network port is a process-specific or an application-specific software
- It constructs serving as a communication endpoint, which is used by the Transport Layer protocols of Internet Protocol suite, such as User Diagram Protocol (UDP) and Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).