- Current used in GSM telecom equipment is DC current.
- Logic is very simple. AC can’t be stored and DC can be stored.
- Example : Mobile is a GSM device in which DC is used to charge the batteries.
- GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) is a second-generation digital mobile telephone standard using a variation of Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA).
- It is used for three digital wireless telephone technologies such as CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access), GSM and TDMA.
- GSM digitizes and compresses voice data, then sends it down a channel with two other streams of user data, each in its particular time slot.
- It works at either the 900, 1800 or 1,900MHz frequency bands.