LT Full Form | Full Form LT
L&T Full Form - Larsen and Toubro
- L & T stands for Larsen and Toubro.
- It's an Indian multinational corporation with global operations.
- It's actively engaged in various sectors like technology, engineering, construction, manufacturing and financial services.
Larsen and Toubro
- L&T is headquartered at Mumbai, India and its business is spread across seven countries additionally to India.
- On the idea of its customer-focused approach and specialize in world-class quality, it's become one among the most important and highly reputed private sector companies of India.
- In 2013, L&T was described as a bellwether of construction and engineering sector of India by NDTV.
Soren Kristan Toubro
- L&T was originated from a corporation which was founded in 1938 by two Danish engineers, Henning Holck-Larsen and Soren Kristan Toubro, in Mumbai (then Bombay).
- In the beginning, it started with the import of machinery from Europe. Later, it took on engineering and construction assignments. Later, it's set various benchmarks in engineering in terms of size and complexity.
- Today, it's also counted amongst the world's largest fabrication companies.
- It's a shipyard at Hazira, Gujarat where it can construct 100 and fifty meter long vessels with the displacement of twenty thousand tons.
- Apart from this, submarines, ships, chemical tankers, defense vessels and CNG carriers also are constructed in this shipyard.