Wordpress Add New Users
Wordpress Add New Users
- When users register on our Wordpress blog or website, get an e-mail notification, so always know when new users register, and then get into our Dashboard and edit the user to set his role.
- The Users Add New Screen allows to add new users who can login to the site.
- There are eight pieces of information associated with each Add New Users:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Send User Notification
Following are the simple steps to add new users in WordPress.
- Click on Users --> Add New in Wordpress
Learn Wordpress - Wordpress tutorial - Wordpress create admin user- Wordpress examples - Wordpress programs
Read AlsoHow to Add Administrator Accounts to Mac
- At the left-hand side of your screen you can see one of the list of dashboard menu as “ Users”.
- At the left-hand side of your screen you can see one of the list of users as “ Add New”.
- Next, the Add New page is displayed as shown below.
Learn Wordpress - Wordpress tutorial - Wordpress user registration - Wordpress examples - Wordpress programs
- Following are the details of the fields on Add New User.
Learn Wordpress - Wordpress tutorial - Custom wordpress registration page- Wordpress examples - Wordpress programs
- Username (required) : Enter the unique username, which you want to display on website.
- E-mail (required): Enter the valid email address. The user receives notifications from site at this e-mail address.
- First Name : Enter the users first name.
- Last Name : Enter the users last name.
- Website : Enter the URL for the user’s website.
- Password (required) : Enter the password. Strength Indicator : This indicates if the password you entered is Very Weak, Weak, Medium, or Strong (displayed in green). The stronger the password the more secure the login. Hint: The password should be at least seven characters long. To make it stronger, use upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols like !"?$%^&).
Learn Wordpress - Wordpress tutorial - Wordpress custom notification - Wordpress examples - Wordpress programs
- Send User Notification : Sends password to the New User by Email check box. The user will receive an email with the new password.
- Role : Select the particular role form the dropdown i.e. Subscriber, Contributor, Author, Editor, or Administrator.
- Add New User : Click this important button to save the new user's information into WordPress' database.
Procedure to Add New User
Learn Wordpress - Wordpress tutorial - Create user in wordpress database- Wordpress examples - Wordpress programs
- After clicking on Add New User, message will be displayed as New User Created as shown above.
- The new user will get displayed on the table as shown above.