What is RDD ?
- Resilient Distributed Datasets (RDD) is a fundamental data structure of Spark. It is an immutable distributed collection of objects.
- Each dataset in RDD is divided into logical partitions, which may be computed on different nodes of the cluster.
- Formally, an RDD is a read-only, partitioned collection of records.
- RDDs can be created through deterministic operations on either data on stable storage or other RDDs.
- RDD is a fault-tolerant collection of elements that can be operated in parallel.