What are the different types of file permissions in HDFS ?
- For each of the user mentioned above following permissions are applicable,
- read (r)
- write (w)
Above mentioned permissions work differently for files and directories.
- For files
- read (r) permission – Reading a file.
- write (w) permission – Writing a file.
- For directories.
- The r permission lists the contents of a specific directory.
- The w permission creates or deletes a directory.
- The X permission accessing a child directory.