What are the features of Apache HBase ?
What are the features of Apache HBase
- Linear and modular scalability.
- Strictly consistent reads and writes.
- Automatic and configurable sharding of tables.
- Automatic failover support between RegionServers.
- Convenient base classes for backing Hadoop MapReduce jobs with Apache HBase tables.
- Easy to use Java API for client access.
- Block cache and Bloom Filters for real-time queries.
- Query predicate push down via server side Filters.
- Thrift gateway and an REST-ful Web service that supports XML, Protobuf, and binary data encoding options.
How to use Apache HBase REST Interface
- Extensible JRuby-based (JIRB) shell.
- Support for exporting metrics via the Hadoop metrics subsystem to files or Ganglia; or via JMX.