What are the running modes of Hadoop ?
The three running modes of Hadoop are as follows:
Standalone or local Mode
- This is the default mode and does not need any configuration.
- In this mode, all the following components of Hadoop uses local file system and runs on a single JVM
- Suitable for running MapReduce programs during development.
- Has no DFS
- In this mode, all the master and slave Hadoop services are deployed and executed on a single node.
Fully distributed Mode
- In this mode, Hadoop master and slave services are deployed and executed on separate nodes.