Better Data Transferring:
- User have the advantage of more and better managed data.
- If there are any changes made to their environment, users can have a look and respond faster
Better Data Security:
- If database is more usable and accessible, it is prone to security issues.Increase in number of users, increase in data transfer and data sharing which increase the risk of data security.
- Data privacy and security policy of DBMS provides better platform for companies to improve data security.
Better data integration:
- Due to the security policy and improved data base security, we have access to well managed and synchronized form of data which makes data handling easy.
Minimized Data Inconsistency:
- Between files data inconsistency happens when different version of the same data appear in different places.So if database is properly designed the data inconsistency can be greatly reduced.
Faster data Access:
- DBMS helps to provide quick answers to dbms queries thus making data access faster and more accurate.
Better decision making:
- Better quality information can be provided by the DBMS because of better managed data and improved data access.
- Better data quality improves accuracy and validity of the data.
Increased end-user productivity:
- The data which is available with the help of a combination of tools that transform data into useful information, helps end-users to make quick, informative, and better decisions that can make difference between success and failure in the global economy.
- Database management system (DBMS) gives a simple and clear logical view of data.
- Many operations like insertion, deletion, or creation of files or data are easy to implement.
- The major purpose of a database system is to provide users with an abstract view of the data.
- Since many complex algorithms are used by the developers to increase the efficiency of databases that are being hidden by the users through various data abstraction levels to allow users to easily interact with the system.
Reduction in data Redundancy:
- When working with a structured database, DBMS provides the feature to prevent the input of duplicate items in the database. for e.g. – If there are two same students in different rows, then one of the duplicate data will be deleted.