What is Linear Sort in Java ?
- One of the simplest Sorting techniques is a linear sort.
- Linear sort is the selection of an element and keeping it in sorted order.
- In linear sort, the strategy is to find the smallest number in the array and exchange it with the value in first position of array.
- Now, find the second smallest element in the remainder of array and exchange it with a value in the second position, carry on till you have reached the end of array.
- Now all the elements have been sorted in ascending order.