Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Around 12 years of experience in Information technology field in the following areas:
- Hands on experience in HP-UX and RedHat Linux Server administration.
- Installation, configuring and troubleshooting on RedHat Linux and HP-UX OS
- Hands on experience on RH Servers, RH clusters, Vmware, Oracle RAC clusters, HP-UX Servers, HPMCSG clusters, HP vPars, HPVMs, SAN migration.
- Experience in managing Team of 23 resources
- Working with Bank Of America as Unix Technical Lead from April 2012 till date for Banking functions Retail and Preferred Banking, eCommerce, OLB, ATM, Cards, Global Wealth Investment Management, Home Loan Insurance.
- Worked with HCL Technologies as Sr. Unix Administrator from 2010 till 2012
- Worked with HP Global Soft (P) Ltd as HP-UX and Linux Administrator from 2008 till 2010 for HP Global Solution Centre Bangalore.
- Worked with CSS Corp from 2005 till 2008 as Unix System Administrator.
Bank Of America – April 2012 to Present
Bank of America is an American multinational banking and financial services corporation, it is the second largest bank holding company in the United States by assets. I am working for most critical LOB named RPGWIM (Retail, preferred, GWIM) as a Unix Technical Lead.
- Provisioning and maintenance of Linux servers part of complex bank infrastructure Responsible for OS Patching, SAN migration, CHP and Physical builds.
- Provisioning/configuration of Virtual machines – VMWARE implementation and configuration of Oracle RAC clusters.
- Filesystem management LVM, software and hardware RAIDS, Veritas volume manager
- Host level SAN configuration – Acquiring LUNS, managing LUNS, multipath configuration and troubleshooting various SAN-Host connectivity issues.
- Implementing productions changes including Kernel upgrades/OS upgrades, kernel tuning and managing kernel parameters, OS migrations, Hardware swap, firmware upgrades of IBM, HP, DELL Hardware.
HCL Technologies – Samba, Jammu and Kashmir – May 2010 to March 2012
Hindustan Computers Limited offers services including IT consulting, enterprise transformation, remote infrastructure management, engineering and R&D, and business process outsourcing (BPO) . I was working as a Unix System Administrator for a client called Merck, it is an American pharmaceutical company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- High Availability Clusters troubleshooting.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting Server performance issues in HP-UX
- User & Group administration troubleshooting, issues on trusted /non trusted Systems in HP-UX.
- Troubleshooting Sendmail/Cron/Printer/CIFS/ SAMBA/NAS/NFS/DNS issues.
- Handling Back up/restore issues (Ignite backup, fbackup, TSM Backup)
- Troubleshooting HPVM and vPar issues
- Involved on installation, configuration, administration, tuning, and troubleshooting HP-UX /Linux in different
3.Technical Solution Consultant:
Hewlett Packard Bangalore, Karnataka – July 2008 to May 2010
UX System admin for providing solutions to APJ, AU, NZ customers
- HP UX Installation and configuration on HP 9000 and Integrity servers
- MC Service guard configuration and maintenance
- Configuration of N-pars and V-pars
- Online extending file system through JFS.
- Creating new file system through LVM.
- Handling Server crash issues
- Device management and hardware configuration of HP UX servers.
- Performance monitoring using top, sar, ps, vmstat, iostat.
- HP-UX Kernel-tuning.
- Patch management.
- SAN and HP-UX administration.
- Installation and configuration of New Storage devices and Servers.
Cybernet – March 2005 to June 2008
CSS Corp is the global leader in technology support. Over 140 clients, including Fortune 1000 enterprises, count on our expertise in supporting enterprise and consumer products, managing IT infrastructures (standalone, cloud or mobile-enabled), and deploying networks. Was working as a Linux System Administrator.
Certifications & Achievements:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer ( RHEL 4)
- HP-UX Certified System Administrator (CSA)
- Oracle Certified Professional (Oracle 9i DBA) in Linux Platform
- Attended 1 month Storage (Netapp, VNX, Brocade) training from Unimatics, Hyd
- Attended Women leadership training, Manager excellence and other leadership external trainings during my tenure in BOA
- Recognized with Star Performer Award, Best Performer Award, Gold and Silver Award couple of times during my tenure in BOA
- Recognised with Memento for outstanding contribution on C3PM (Credit Card Online Platform) project in BOA
- Received outstanding rating during my tenure in HCL
- Received awards and recognition for being part of CSR Core team, actively Volunteered on CSR initiatives.
- Operating System: RedHat Linux; HP-UX 11i v1, v2, v3; SUSE SP10, 11
- H/W Platform: HP Proliant, PARISC, Itanium, Blades, Superdomes
- Enterprise Storages: HP EVA, EMC, Clarion
- Ticketing Tools: Remedy
- Mail Server: Sendmail, Lotus Notes Domino 6
- Web Server: Apache, IIS
- Database: Oracle, MS Access
- Programming Languages: Scripting, C, C++, VB, Java, ASP, , DHTML, XML, WML
Course (Stream)/ Examination
Year of Passing
|Master of Computer Applications||Shrimathi Indira Gandhi College, Bharathidasan University – Tiruchchirappalli, Tamil Nadu||
|Bachelor of Science in Computer Science||Calcutta University – Kolkata, West Bengal||