Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Self motivated, innovative programming and debugging professional with an extensive COBOL application developer background.
- Background includes conversions of mainframe and pc/network data and support roles of applications.
- A skilled technician and debugger who can implement solutions to complex challenges.
- Committed to implementing creative and innovative solutions to increase up time and functionality while reducing downtime and outages
Course (Stream)/ Examination
Year of Passing
|B.E||VEL TECH ENGINEERING COLLEGE/ ANNA UNIVERSITY||1992||90%|
|HSC||VEL MATRICULATION HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL||1989||84%|
|SSLC||ST.MARYS MATRICULATION HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL||
- Cics (Less than 1 year)
- DB2 (Less than 1 year)
- Cobol (Less than 1 year)
- Mainframe (Less than 1 year)
- COBOL/COBOL II, MVS, JCL
- SAR, SQL with DB2, TSO
- ISPF, IBM Assembler, CICS
- File-Aid/File Manager
- Omegamon, ChangeMan
- MicroFocus COBOL, Microsoft Office/Outlook
- Lotus Notes, $AVERS/CA-View
1) CICS Systems Programmer
Company Name, Location- February 2008 to April 2014
- Senior Associate
- CICS/MQ Middleware Support, Riverwoods, IL
- Supported the real-time Authorizations CICS systems across multiple LPARs and datacenters.
- Additional responsibilities included monitoring all CICS regions and tuning for performance.
- Built a custom COBOL auditing process for CICS RDO changes.
- Created a condensed daily CICS end-of-day statistics report/snapshot utilizing COBOL to show potential problems from the prior day for tuning purposes in order to prevent future problems.
- Created a process to keep history of CICS and MQ activity for trending purposes using COBOL.
2) CICS Middleware Support
Company Name, Location- June 2004 to November 2007
- Supported and debugged problems in a global team for over 1,300 CICS regions for application programmers across multiple LPARs and datacenters around the world
- Addressed a global compliance issue by building a custom COBOL audit process to monitor and track changes in an online change process environment, completing it in a real-time environment.
- Accommodated new target market segments by building and supporting over 100 CICS regions in more than 10 countries.
- Reduced problems and increased uptime in online environments assisting application developers programming in COBOL and DB2.
- The CICS screens are used to check the data’s to validate for the purpose of testing the results. With the CICS screens we provide some random values to retrieve the needed results in order to make sure the code was performed well in good.
3) Senior Application Programmer, StrategyWare Support
Company Name, Location- January 2003 to January 2004
- Supported a vendor product in-house while increasing its functionality and usefulness to the business.
- Debugged and supported FICO’s StrategyWare software.
- Enhanced and supported the proprietary ‘shell’ code to improve the functionality and versatility of the software utilizing COBOL and basic DB2 queries.
- Reduced problems in both batch and online environments.
- Redesigned and developed a standardized batch system for easy changes and deployment.
4) Programmer Analyst
Company Name, Location- January 1993 to January 1999
- Solely supported the Employee Group Claim department ensuring systems availability for over 100 claim representatives across two departments.
- Converted all data from a COBOL mainframe based system to a MicroFocus COBOL PC/network based system for over 100,000 people spanning over 90 years of history along with millions of claims history records.
- Supported all PC/network/LAN availability.
- External reporting to various agencies for tax information and 1099 declarations.
I hereby declare that all the information given above are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
CICS System Programmer Resume Example 2
- More than twenty years of consistent performance excellence in information technology, with emphasis on mainframe application development, working for world class financial services corporations.
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science. Associate Certificate in IT Project Management.
- Knowledge of service oriented distributed systems, web environment and internet/intranet.
- Worked in a development area with multiple system interfaces.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with onshore/offshore teams and partners.
- Handle multiple projects and manage different responsibilities and priorities.
- Ability to rapidly learn and comply with standards and processes.
- Strong system analysis and providing effective solution for system issues and business needs.
- Conduct technical and business specifications review and provide feedback.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Independent contributor and great team player.
- Detail oriented and ability to self-prioritize, multitask in fast paced environment.
- Ability to contribute ideas to improve existing conditions and processes.
1) CICS Systems Programmer
Company Name-Location – February 2016 to December 2016
- Production support, maintenance and enhancement of various online subsystem such as Commercial Driver System, Permit System, Non-Commercial Driver System and other.
- Multiple Reports using FTP, Access and Excel.
- The Motor Voter Registration System allows people to register to vote when getting their driver’s license or doing other business at a local DMV location.
- Was personally responsible for redesign, coding and implementation of a new processing (SAVE) -issuing credentials based on verification with U.S.
Company Name-Location – March 2009 to October 2015
- Worked on adapting Piper Jaffrey/McDonald accounts to existing Mutual Fund System.
- Wrote number of interface modules to accommodate new branches and brokers.
- Conducted various system tests assuring integrity in programs. Built functionality to print move log in line with the media.
- The in-line move log will create labor and efficiency savings, associated with breakdown and decreasing the time it takes to prepare a job for production. Completed system documentation.
- Used various tools – EXPEDITER, FILEAID, ABENDAID. Construct sophisticated query calling and reports.
- Created reports to analyze conversion process, functionality Technologies and software.
- Employed MQ, CICS, DB2, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, FILEAID, INTERTEST, SYNCSORT, TSO/ISPF, ABENDAID.
3) Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Company Name-Location – September 1999 to March 2009
- Created programs via COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, VSAM, SQL, MVS, VSE, Z/OS and Endevor.
- GBCS (Government Clearance). This system displays the current day’s government trades that will settle today.
- Trades are sent and received through Bear clearing banks (Chase and DTC), The batch cycle produces reports and data files for users and clients. Participated in conversion from VSAM to DB2, maintenance and enhancement.
- Wrote number of Stored Procedures (SP) for the GBCS conversion and for the Client-Server application.
- GRBS, which is Bear’s Fixed Income Trade System for correspondent clients utilizing DB2, CICS, COBOL2.
- GRBS allows users to view and maintain government bond and mortgage backed securities trades.
- Users can add/correct/cancel view trades, extend when issued trades and maintain client information.
- Trade data is fed into GBCS Clearance System for nightly processing, and to GSCC for trade comparison.
4) Programer Analyst
Company Name-Location – September 1992 to October 1996
- Migration and conversion of Legacy System to client/server platform.
- Design, planning and implementation of new UNIX/ORACLE based system including and testing ORACLE backend.
- Provided maintenance and implemented enhancements to an Order Processing and Inventory Tracking System.
- System processes generated or entered orders and produces all documents required by customers.
- This system operates under CICS/IMS that feeds an IMS/Batch system for overnight processing.
- Responsible for design, coding and enhancement created new jobs streams, procs.
- Provided documentation for the system and 24 hours production support.
- Also provided maintenance to Ship Log System and Label System.
- Systems were implemented using COBOL2, APS, IMS DB, TSO/MVS/JCL.
Course (Stream)/ Examination
Year of Passing
|B.E. in Computer Science||RMK College of Engineering and Technology – Chennai||1991||86%|
|HSC||KCS Higher Secondary School||1987||77%|
|SSLC||ST.Marrys Higher Secondary School||
- CICS (10+ years)
- JCL (10+ years)
- DB2 (10+ years)
- VSAM (10+ years)
- COBOL (10+ years)
- Performed analysis of business rules, gathered requirements, delivered functional specification
- Ability to perform programing at the top quality level for development, enhancements and maintenance.
- Effective at managing competing priorities and work independently with minimal oversight.
- Problem solving skills and able to develop and implement effective timely solutions.
- Provided 24/7 prod support
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time while paying close attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of the SDLC process and ability to apply that knowledge as required.
- Works effectively with customers and users across multiple locations and levels.
- Possess business knowledge of insurance and financial industries.
- Performed troubleshooting, maintenance and enhancements, prepared and executed test scripts.
TECHNOLOGIES WORKED ON:
Mainframe: COBOL, JCL, DB2, CICS, FTP, VSAM, IMS DB/DC, MQ, UNIX, ChangeMan, Endevor, Panvalet