E-mail Id: [email protected]
Contact No: 2025********
- To secure a challenging General Management position in retail alternatives, manufacturing environment.
- The position should offer scope for personal growth & development, as well as an opportunity for future career developments
Extensive Production & General Management Experience over 35 years
- Established & managed large-scale production facilities.
- Achieved challenging production targets & objectives in pressurized, demanding production environments.
- Experienced in HR management, motivation, training/development.
- Reviewed, upgraded & installed sophisticated production-related systems and administrative & budgetary controls.
- Sound administrative, financial & system management skills.
- Excellent communication & team management skills.
- Approachable, liaise/negotiate at all levels; can orchestrate complex presentations.
- Good planning, organizational & scheduling abilities – skilled at minimizing and eradicating waste.
- Quick to recognize opportunities, good ideas person, able to use creativity & have a vision for complex problems and plan growth strategies.
- Licentiate, The Clothing Institute of London, UK.
- 19** Management Course, The Clothing Institute of XXXXXXX
- K thesis: Production Management.
- 19** Intermediate Diploma, The Institute of Certified XXXXXXXX,
- 19** Senior Certificate, XXXXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXX
- Subjects: Hindi 1st Language ,English 2nd Language, Biology, Mathematics, Physical Science, History .
Manufacturing Director: XXXXXX Clothing (Pvt.) Ltd 16 March 2002 to present.
- Responsible for their Ladies and Menswear.
- Operations on the north coast of xxxxxxx.
Projects Manager: XXXXXX Clothing 15 March 2001 to 15 March 2002
- This position was on 1 year contractual basis as a consultant.
- I was responsible for setting up the Swaziland operation.
- This contract expired on the 15th March 2002.
Chief Executive Officer: XXXXX (Pvt.) Ltd. May 2000 to 15 Nov 2000
- Owned by XXXXXX parent company. Holding group: XXXX Textiles.
- Included XXXX & Apparel Division (XXXXXX) DeNim & Coastal Textiles (XXXX)
- XXXXXX had 850 staff and manufactured solely for export market.
- Accountable for full operation, from finding market, cost management, profit, full control of division, to getting final product to customer.
- Initially, the plant was badly managed, with no systems, low productivity levels, poor quality, no timekeeping, hardly any cash flow.
- Introduced a clocking system, changed factory floor to a straight-line system, streamlined the product to 5 pocket denim jeans, introduced quality management system, restructured the entire management team, and introduced a planning and reporting system.
- Quality was so poor on 1 UK line after 3 months work, nothing could be invoiced. With my involvement I achieved a 95% total improvement in quality.
- Made people feel proud of what they were doing, taking the lead in becoming totally involved in everything that happened in the organization. The organization became disciplined and focused, as management began to take ownership of the various departments. Being a team man, I involved the whole team when there was a problem, thereby achieving a greater level of commitment. My team respected me for my leadership, my straightness & honesty, and also for my ability to identify & correct problem areas in a professional manner.
- Staff that directly reported to me included the marketing team (based in Durban), financial manager, planner, cutting room manager, factory/work-study manager, production manager. Lack of finance unfortunately resulted in an inability to recruit management to key positions.
- Learnt to understand the predominantly rural labour pool that had no experience of business or factories whatsoever. A great deal of patience was needed.
- Manufactured 5 pocket denim jeans on 5 production lines (about 6000 units / day) Customer profile was Gap, Red Stripe, Quelle, Lolly Togs, One of the top USA buyers of Gap rated the plant as one of the best run plants in Southern Africa- a compliment indeed. When measured against some SA plants! Her rating of 8/10 was an accolade for my management team, especially in the circumstances under which they had managed in the past few months.
- Date of Birth: 20/03/1989
- Languages Known: Spanish, English & German
- Address: XXXXXX