A highly efficient, hardworking and talented design engineer with a comprehensive understanding of design processes and also manufacturing and construction methods. Experienced in all the design stages of a product, including research, development and manufacture right through to installation and final commissioning. Possessing a good team spirit, deadline orientated and having the ability to produce detailed technical specifications from client requirements. Keen to find a challenging & suitable engineering position with a ambitious company that offers opportunities for career development and advancement.
Course (Stream)/ Examination
Year of Passing
|Master of Computer Applications||St.Joseph’s college – Tiruchchirappalli, Tamil Nadu||
|Bachelor of Science in Computer Science||St.Joseph’s college – Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu||
|HSC||Annai Velankanni Matriculation Hr.Sec School.||
|SSLC||Annai Velankanni Matriculation Hr.Sec School.||
Design Engineer June 2008 – Present:
Responsible for providing technical advice and direction to both external customers and internal engineering functions. Involved in product and process design of small components, large plant, machinery and vehicles.
- Researching and developing ideas for new products and production systems.
- Using computer-aided design to create detailed designs and specifications.
- Liaising with customers and support agencies on file transfer issues.
- Control and maintain the design standard of the products. Providing design support at all stages of the design process.
- Develop and maintain project plans using MS Project for allocated tasks.
- Involved in creating and planning new production processes.
- Advising the purchasing department on tooling & product purchase & cost control.
- Visiting clients to conduct trial installations & offer technical expertise / solutions.
- Being a first line answering service for all customer technical questions.
- Improving the design, performance and efficiency of existing products.
- Writing professional progress reports for project managers and clients.
- Compile test qualification schedules and reports when required.
- Undertaking simple draft stress calculations, weight calculations.
- Considering issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Communicating with customers and suppliers to resolve design issues. Checking drawings for accuracy and errors.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Comprehensive understanding of engineering and design principles.
- Understanding of computer-assisted design software i.e. 3D CAD.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Experience of tolerance analysis and manufacturing drawings.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Product testing
- Failure analysis
- ProE & ProEngineer Wildfire
- Modifying designs and re- testing
- Design concepts
- Mathematical modelling Basic Stress Analysis CAD/CAE software
- Generating new ideas
Date of Birth :