Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Total 6.5 years of experience as Site Engineer in supply, Installation, Testing &Commissioning of HT/LT switch gears (PMCC/MLDB/APFC/DBBV Panel), Transformer DGset, Cables, Highmast, lighting, Earthing etc.
- Including allied works at Foreshore Terminal, Chennai, and Tamilnadu. Site Engineer in MBLAL project IOCL
- Terminals for Design, supply, installation, testing, commissioning of tank farm management system with SIL3
- Company Name: Dhanalakshmi Enterprises
- Customer Name: Indian oil corporation Limited (IOCL)
- Designation: Site Electrical Engineer
- Project: Electrical
- Time Period: 11th Jun 2017 to Till the date
Responsibility and Activity:
- Planning, Monitoring & Controlling of Execution of Electrical work with co-ordination with project consultant & Engineer terms.
- Co-ordination with civil MEP service and sub-contractors, Vendors, Project team. Check desings, drawings and cost estimates received from consultants
- Check BOQ’S and estimates for the internal and external electrical works and value Engineering and value addition on the BOQ and preparation Amendments for BOQ Quantity Deviation and Non tender items.
- Prepare rate analysis for internal & external electrical works. Discuss technical aspects of electrical system with consultancy
- Conducting meeting, planning and scheduling and monitoring of project progress in site with respective to project Schedule.
- Check certify the Measurement & bill Maintain DC for material Inward & Outward.
- Coordination with GM/Engineer deputed at site for works. Organize Site visit to check The quality and progress of the works. Sub Contract Arrangements & Allocation.
Project Engineer/QA & QC Planning Engineer
Indian oil corporation Limited – November 2014 to April 2017
Project: MBLAL Project
Time Period: 27th Nov 2014 to 30th April 2017
Responsibility & Activity:
- Integration of pumps with PLC for Auto Sequencing in VFD systems.
- Erection and Commissioning of Fire Engine control systems, ESD and MCP System.
- Erection and Commissioning of UPS System and Integrating with GE PLC and 15KV DG SET.
- Trouble shooting field instruments, wirings faults and performing corrective actions.
- Calibration of gauges, transmitters and flow meters.
- Performing hydro test.
- Erection and Commissioning in Terminal interlocks.
- Battery bank and battery charger panel erection.
- Execution of fabrication, erection as per drawings and standards.
- Installation of junction box, cable trays & cable laying.
- Erection of panels, local instrument enclosures, local instrument rack as per the P&ID.
- Coordination with equipment vendors for equipment design, specification, installation & commissioning for various systems.
- Involving in day-to-day preventive maintenance for field instruments, individual inspection, loop simulation as per standard procedures and technical specifications.
- Verification and inspection activities as per approved quality plans, procedures, standards and specifications.
- Regular Surveillance/ Inspection of construction activities as per project ITP.
- Preparation of documents like Inspection and test plan, Method statement for instrument installation,
- calibration, inspection and loop checks.
- Undergoing factory inspections at vendor premises for skids and valves.
UPL Third party of NTPC – Power Project, West Bengal – January 2011 to November 2014
Project: Vallur Thermal Power project
Time period: 21st JAN 2011 to 15th NOV 2014
Responsibility & Activity:
Power Transmission System Operations
- Main scope is to handle 400kv switch yard and communicating to nearby substations such as ALAMATHY SS, MELAKOTTIYUR SS and Tie line NCTPS Lines and Isolating 400kv Lines on needed issuing Permits
- Having technical conversation & communications with Power Grid Corporation of India, Southern Region Load Dispatch Center Bangalore and Load Dispatch Center Chennai about power export and import in a formal manner
- Updating current scenario about plant and its condition, power generation, power distribution, station consumptions and power flow monitoring, and submitting reports to my higher authority in a formal manner
- Calculating scheduled and unscheduled generation and load demand and availability based tariff generationand its parameters, UI cost, fuel cost etc.
- 400kv switch yard with Gas Insulated Substation operation and maintenance and Power Line Data
- Communication channel operation and regular monitoring and maintenance and relays monitoring operations on faulty conditions of the Lines, Bus Bars, HT panels, LT Panels, CT’s, PT’s Fault rectifications in all conditions and issuing permits for the equipment’s based on the requirements for operations on substations and operations through DCS
- Operating 400kv, 80Mva, 20Mva, transformers, SwitchGears, VCB, ACB, SF6 Breakers, operation required for the plant and maintenance
- 250kva DG operation and maintenance, preventive maintenance of NI-CD battery set maintenance, LT&HT motors, operation and maintenance monitoring regular check-up of all operating equipment’s maintaining the record of all operation and Maintaining log register for over all electrical operation of switch yard and substation’s overall plant Electrical operation SLD tracing, Electrical Scheme tracing C&I checking etc.
Mechanical Operations – Turbine
- Commissioning & Operation experience in 500MW Steam Turbine (Extraction cum condensing) and its auxiliaries like Oil pumps (Centrifugal & Gear), Oil Coolers, Oil filters, and Oil Centrifuge.
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering Sri Durgadevi Polytechnic College (A group of RMK Engineering College) – Chennai
- AUTOCAD (Less than 1 year)
- MATLAB (Less than 1 year)
- MS OFFICE (Less than 1 year)
- WINDOWS 7(Less than 1 year)
- WINDOWS XP (Less than 1 year)
- Operating System: Windows XP / Windows 7.
- Application packages: MS Office 2007 & 2013
- Technical Packages: PLC Automation, Dcs, AutoCAD, MATLAB & Scads