What is name of Transformer Oil ?
- Transformer oil is called as mineral oil which is free from FATTY acids.And the Chemical name of Transformer oil is Hydrotreated Light Nepthanic Distillate.
- In this mineral Oil, available in market are by the name of POWER OIL, TRANSOL, SAVITHA, APAR, GHANDHAR etc. It is available in different Grades like EHV GR-1, EHV-GR2,depending upon the compositions & values of dielectric strength, flash point, neutrilization values as per IS: 335
Functions of Transformer oil
- To provide proper cooling.
- To provide proper insulation.
- And it has all the necessary important properties like high ignition tempratue.,no sludge formation, low resistance to imulsion,etc.