What is Splunk ? - interview questions on splunk
- Splunk is a software environment to give search, analyze and event to machine-generated data collect from the websites, applications, sensors,devices etc.,It create for your IT environment and business.
- Splunk is an advanced,scalable and potent technology that system can be stored indexes and searches log files.It also search the machine-generated data to give operational intelligence.
- The below image will help you how to relate Splunk collects data.
Learn Splunk - Splunk tutorial - what is splunk - Splunk examples - Splunk programs
Example for Splunk:
- To report real time health condition.
- The patient’s health record and analyze patterns in the Delve deeper.
- When the patient’s health degrades to be Alarms/Alerts for both the doctor and patient.
Learn Splunk - Splunk tutorial - Example for splunk - Splunk examples - Splunk programs
- It work can be moved as the ‘Google’ for log files.
- Simpler terms to be searched with the use of Search Processing Language (SPL).
- If the Splunk file system to be store the data directly that means it does not require any back-end or any database
- It doesn't against any single point of failure to be happened.
Some of the additional components that separately and collectively perform the major operations:
|Deployment Modes||Standalone deployment and Distributed deployment, on the basis of which the searches are performed.|
|Splunk||Responsible for indexing and processing massive amounts of data in real-time.|
|DataStore||Stores and compresses the raw data.|
|Bundles||Store the configuration of the input, accounts of users, applications, add-ons, etc.|
|Modules||Add new features by altering or creating processors and pipelines.|