P. O. Box 0000 Any town, ST 00000 (123) 456-7890 [email protected]
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
A highly successful marketing professional with more than twenty years experience developing customerdriven marketing strategies designed to stimulate sales and increase market share.
Director of Marketing and Sales, NAME OF COMPANY, City, ST 10/01 – Present
Built the marketing and sales program from scratch for this provider of web-based legal practice management software. Negotiated and wrote partner benefit agreements with legal associations.
- Designed and produced collateral materials in support of product deployment and sales programs
- Developed strategic partnerships with local, specialty and [industry] associations
- Negotiated and wrote partner / member benefit agreements with legal associations
- Designed and produced PowerPoint presentations for legal associations and [name of product] product
- Created affiliate program for the [name of product] which included sales and service training
NAME OF COMPANY, City, ST 02/98 to 05/01
Partner Relations Manager (04/00 to 05/01)
Sales Supervisor (03/99 to 03/00) Internal Salesperson (02/98 to 02/99)
- Promoted rapidly to Partner Relations Manager — maintained working relationship with 100 companies
- Developed annual marketing plans for strategic partners and outlined advertising and public relations goals for strategic alliances
- Prepared marketing and pricing information materials on partner publications for sales force, customer service, technical support, and accounting departments.
Owner and Manager, NAME OF COMPANY, City, ST 01/96 to 01/97
- Created a series of seven community-oriented business directories for towns of less than 5,000
- Developed advertising and promotions to involve the community in the canvassing and selling process
- Helped organize community leaders to form a regional chamber of commerce
- Co-created computer software that allowed local, regional and national sports scores to be disseminated via alpha-numeric pagers
- Formed the [name] Wireless Network providing informational services to paging carriers
Community Relations Officer, NAME OF ORGANIZATION, City, ST 01/94 to 12/95
Interacted with various community groups and organizations, hosted tours, and coordinated and staffed a variety of projects with the staff on behalf of community organizations; prepared speeches and audio visual programs; and wrote correspondence and news releases.
- Developed a series of handouts, survey forms and informational brochures regarding [company] support of community events
- Developed the first full-color [name of organization] brochure and poster, saving the army the cost of hiring an outside advertising agency
- Developed an award-winning briefing package for the Public Affairs Office for the [name of] competition; won first place
- Developed an award-winning briefing package for the Public Affairs Office
- Graduated in the upper 10% of class at the Public Affairs Officer Course at [Name of] School
Assistant Public Affairs Officer, NAME OF ORGANIZATION, City, ST 10/91 to 12/93
Oversaw daily departmental operations and supervised two employees; interacted with news media, oversaw newspaper production and noise abatement hotline program; and acted as liaison with local community.
- Developed and produced the first comprehensive [name] capability video since World War II.
- Developed the “[name of program]” program that was subsequently adopted for use in training personnel nationwide
- Received honorable mention award in 1992 for print competition for a color brochure developed and designed for the [name of] Center.
- Developed three community involvement programs: (1) activities for area graduating seniors; (2) an environmental education program for children; and the (3) Partners in Education program.
Creative Director, NAME OF COMPANY, City, ST 01/84 to 12/89
Oversaw department responsible for producing sales presentations, television commercials, employee training programs and short feature films. Supervised 10 employees, including the creative staff, sales and customer service, and administrative personnel. Performed scripting, directing, selection of talent and final production duties.
- Assisted agency in exceeding growth projections by 33%
- Increased revenues 20 percent for the years 1987 through 1989 by developing new marketing program
V.P. of Sales, NAME OF COMPANY, City, ST 09/81 to 12/83
Diverse duties included managing the agency’s visual presentation program, conducting new product research and analysis, including market sampling; and supervising seven employees (three sales persons, three graphic artists and one designer).
- Instrumental in helping agency achieve its most rapid growth in 10 years
- Sales were 24% above projected levels Became proficient in the computerized graphic art process
[Name of award] — Outstanding Media Relations (1994)
[Name of award] — Outstanding Community Relations (1993)
Honorable Mention, [Name of award] — Special Achievement (1992)
Honorable Mention, [Name of award] — Broadcasting (1992)
First Place, [Name of award] — Broadcasting (1989)
First Place, [Name of contest] — Broadcasting (1989)
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism, NAME OF COLLEGE, City, ST (1970)
Proficient in IBM Lotus AmiPro, Microsoft Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS FrontPage, MS Net Meeting, MS
Internet Explorer, MS Office 1997-2000, MS Outlook and Outlook Express, MS PowerPoint, and MS Publisher