202 Oak Ridge Lane
Indianapolis, Indiana 47804
UTILITIES, ENERGY, OIL
Seek the challenging position of Power Plant Operator
An experienced Power Plant Operator with huge background in operating and maintaining stations, engines and mechanical equipment, such as steam and electric engines, air compressors, generators, motors, turbines, and steam boilers to provide utilities, such as light, heat, or power.
- More than nine years of experience.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilers and related mechanical equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
- Excellent knowledge of the steam and chilled water generating process.
- Professionally trained on automated boiler and chiller controls and electrical and pneumatic controls.
- Knowledge of firing boilers and operation of absorbers and centrifugal chillers.
- Exceptional ability to detect operating defects or faults.
- Strong ability to work with high voltage equipment.
- Organized record keeping of fuel used, steam produced and general operating conditions.
Duke Energy, Indianapolis, IN 2000 – Present
Power Plant Operator
- Maintain the operation of such equipment as boilers, stokers, pumps, water softeners, water heaters, absorbers, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, and purge pumps.
- Regulate dampers, water level in boilers and fuel supply; check water gauges and steam gauges to see that sufficient steam is generated, maintain proper temperature of chilled and condensing water.
- Analyze water samples and add chemicals as required. (Quality Control)
- Oil, grease and adjust machinery and equipment and make minor repairs.
- Make periodic inspections to see that all equipment and controls are operating properly and are in good condition.
- Maintain consumption and production records.
- Report defects and recommend improvements, alterations and repairs.
- Maintain inventory lists and requisitions supplies, materials and repair parts.
- Clean tools and power plant equipment.
- Oversee the operation of such equipment as boilers, stokers, pumps, water softeners, water heaters, steam driven turbine generators, diesel driven generators, electrical switch gear and other electrical and steam or chilled water generating and distributing equipment.
- Inspect and test new machinery and equipment installations.
- Prepare written reports on ongoing projects and on the condition of machinery.
- Check daily logs to determine proper operation of equipment.
- Perform related work as assigned.
Duke Energy, Indianapolis, IN 1998 – 2000
Power Plant Operator Trainee
- 90% Responsible for the maintenance and repair of stationary power plant equipment including diesel/gas engine primary power generators, various gas/oil fired hot water boilers, air compressors, pumping systems, valves/actuators, cooling towers, pool systems and related equipment on a daily basis.
- Performed preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment such as boilers, cooling towers, air compressors, pumps, fans, heat exchangers (shell & tube & plate to plate).
- Performed maintenance to include lubricating, changing filters, changing belts, aligning couplings.
- Maintained computerized maintenance and repair records for all power plant equipment.
- Helped supervisors to maintain an inventory of shop materials, supplies and tools by informing them of specific needs.
- Performed monthly emissions testing on two reciprocating engines and three natural gas fired boilers.
- Inspected, maintained and repaired equipment from ladders, scaffolds, stairs, and confined spaces.
- Performed safety inspections and routine maintenance on tools and equipment used.
High School Diploma (1998)