How to calculate lap, bond and hook length for preparing bar Bending schedule ?
- Hook length is 5*d lap length can been given at the end L/7 and at continuous L/4.
Lap Length Intension:
- The lap length including anchorage value of hooks shall be1. For flexural tension – Ld or 30d whichever is greater.2. For direct tension – 2Ld or 30d whichever is greater.
- The straight length of lapping shall not be less than 15d or 20 cm
Hook Length :
- The hook length is commonly provided for stirrups
- Hook Length = 9D [D is Diameter of the Bar]
Overlap Length / Lap Length in Reinforcement (Bar Bending Schedule) :
BBS is termed as Calculation of Steel required for the construction of a building. We use steel to make concrete to be reinforced and for tension requirements.
Suppose the length of building is 20 m. The standard length of Rebar is 12m. We have to join two Re-bars for the total length of building. In order to Join the two bars (overlap). Overlap length is adopted.
- Overlap Length for compression members = 40D
- Overlap Length for tension members = 50D
- [D is the Diameter of the bar]