Oracle Create Table AS Statement - oracle tutorial - sql tutorial
Learn oracle - oracle tutorial - Oracle create table using as - oracle examples - oracle programs
How to create table As statement in oracle ?
- The CREATE TABLE AS statement is used to create a table from an existing table by copying the columns of existing table.
oracle tutorial , sql tutorial , sql , pl sql tutorial , oracle , pl sql , plsql
Create Table Example: copying all columns of another table
- In this example, we are creating a "newcustomers" table by copying all the columns from the already existing table "Customers".
- This table is named as "newcustomers" and having the same columns of "customers" table.
Create Table Example: copying selected columns of another table
- Let's take an example:
- The above example will create a new table called "newcustomers2".
- This table includes the specified columns customer_id and customer_name from the customers table.
Learn oracle - oracle tutorial - Oracle create table using as from multiple tables - oracle examples - oracle programs
Create Table Example: copying selected columns from multiple tables
- Let's take an example: Consider that you have already created two tables "regularcustomers" and "irregularcustomers".
- The table "regularcustomers" has three columns rcustomer_id, rcustomer_name and rc_city.
SQL Create Table
- The second table "irregularcustomers" has also three columns ircustomer_id, ircustomer_name and irc_city.
- In the following example, we will create a table name "newcustomers3" form copying columns from both tables.