Stored procedure oracle - oracle tutorial - sql tutorial
What is procedure in Oracle ?
- A procedure is a group of PL/SQL statements that can be called by name.
- The call specification (sometimes called call spec) specifies a java method or a third-generation language routine so that it can be called from SQL and PL/SQL.
Oracle Procedure Query Execution
- Following are the three types of procedures that must be defined to create a procedure.
- IN: It is a default parameter. It passes the value to the subprogram.
- OUT: It must be specified. It returns a value to the caller.
- IN OUT: It must be specified. It passes an initial value to the subprogram and returns an updated value to the caller.
Oracle Create procedure example
- In this example, we are going to insert record in the "user" table. So you need to create user table first.
- Now write the procedure code to insert record in user table.
Oracle program to call procedure
- Let's see the code to call above created procedure.
- Now, see the "USER" table, you will see one record is inserted.