oracle rename table | Rename - oracle tutorial - sql tutorial
What is Oracle RENAME Table ?
- RENAME TABLE allows you to rename an existing table in any schema.
- Use the RENAME statement to rename a table, view, sequence, or private synonym.
- Oracle Database automatically transfers integrity constraints, indexes, and grants on the old object to the new object.
- Oracle Database invalidates all objects that depend on the renamed object, such as views, synonyms, and stored procedures and functions that refer to a renamed table.
oracle tutorial , sql tutorial , sql , pl sql tutorial , oracle , pl sql , plsql
- Rename is the keyword.
- emp_dtl is the old table name.
- wikitechy is our new table name.
- From the given RENAME STATEMENT the table has been changed from old table name to new table name.