DCL Commands in Oracle | Data Control Language - oracle tutorial - sql tutorial - oracle tutorial - sql tutorial
What is Data Control Language in Oracle ?
- Data Control Language Statements are used to grant privileges on tables, views, sequences, synonyms, procedures to other users or roles. Privileges are of two types :
- System Privileges
- Object privileges
oracle tutorial , sql tutorial , sql , pl sql tutorial , oracle , pl sql , plsql
System Privileges :
- System Privileges are normally granted by a DBA to users.
- Examples of system privileges are CREATE SESSION, CREATE TABLE, CREATE USER etc.
Object privileges :
- Object Privileges means privileges on objects such as tables, views, synonyms, procedure. These are granted by owner of the object. The DCL statements are,
- GRANT : Use to grant privileges to other users or roles.
- REVOKE : Use to take back privileges granted to other users and roles.
Oracle grant revoke deny functions