Recently Nougat 7.0 update for OnePlus 3 was rolled out as Open Beta 8. If you update your device but don’t like that update, then you can easily revert back to a lower version (Android Marshmallow). But it’s not possible to officially downgrade your device back to Marshmallow from Android Nougat, but XDA senior member Mina Mngawy having a workaround with that you can easily Downgrade OnePlus 3 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow 6.0 or Downgrade OnePlus 3 from Open beta 8 to OxygenOS 3.2.8.
The OnePlus 3 are the first devices from OnePlus which receive the Android 7.0 update officially. But many device owners are still not satisfied with the Android 7.0 Nougat update for various reasons. If you are one of the users and would like to revert back OnePlus 3 to OxygenOS 3.2.8, the older version of Android, here we are sharing the method to Downgrade OnePlus 3 from Nougat 7.0 to Marshmallow 6.0. Follow below guide to Downgrade OnePlus 3 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your device.
- Your device must be unlocked with TWRP installed.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the unexpected shutdown in-between the process.
- To Downgrade OnePlus 3 in an Official way Please Contact OnePlus Customer Support. (Highly Recommended)
- Downgrading OnePlus 3 with this method is not an official way. Downgrading not guarantee. If you want to take the risk, then proceed.
Requirement to Downgrade OnePlus 3 to Marshmallow :
- Download OxygenOS Full Zip file
- DownloadModified TWRP for OnePlus 3
- Download Stock Recovery of Oneplus 3
How to Downgrade OnePlus 3 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow :
- Download Modified TWRP for OnePlus 3 and flash it via flashify or TWRP or Fastboot.
- Download the latest oxygenos 3.2.8 zip from above and save it on your device.
- Now reboot your device into Recovery mode.
- If it asks for a password to decrypted your data, skip it and allow modifications on the system.
- Now go to Mount and mount
- Now go to wipe section and change the file system to EXT 4. For that go to Wipe -> Advanced wipe -> select system -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> EXT4
- Now go back to wipe section and select Format Data.
- Now do a Factory Reset again by Goto Wipe ->Advanced Wipe and select everything except USB-OTG and swipe to confirm it.
- Now reboot your device to recovery.
- Now without leaving TWRP, transfer the OxygenOS 3.2.8 zip to your device over MTP.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
- After successful installation, reboot it to bootloader mode.
- Now download stock recovery from above place it in adb and fastboot folder and rename it to recovery.img
- Now flash the stock recovery with following command
15. Now reboot into recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
16.Now factory reset your phone and reboot.
This is best way to Downgrade OnePlus 3 from Nougat to Marshmallow or Downgrade from Open beta 8 to OxygenOS 3.2.8 .