Kodi software is designed to offer automatic pop-ups requesting the user to upgrade/update the new version on Firestick. It’s challenging for new users who might only know how to install Kodi on Firestick. But I don’t know how to update Kodi on Firestick after the first installment process. However, the process is easy and can be completed without using a computer. The update process requires updating apps or reinstalling the app. This means you will replace or upgrade all outdated files.
Reinstalling Kodi preserves your media library, and once you update and open the new version. Kodi will verify your library and update the necessary content. However, one can also opt to delete and install the latest Kodi version from scratch. This doesn’t guarantee your library media, but you can create new content once the installation is done.
Reasons for updating Kodi on Firestick
It’s advisable to keep all software update to curb potential issues that night sprout along the way. The old version lacks new updates and security levels. Leaving them exposed to hackers who will manipulate your data. The user should update Kodi to get recent security features. Updates also help the Kodi version be compatible with the Firestick or any upgraded device. This reduces buffering and freezing of Kodi when you’re streaming movies and TV shows.
How to check the installed Kodi version
The user should first learn the already installed version before updating to a new version. This also enlightens in case the system sends a confirmation of update. But dues to bugs, you realize no update took place since it the same old version. Users can check the installed version using two methods.
- From Kodi app
- From the Firestick settings.
Through Firestick settings
- Insert the Firestick device on your TV.
- Go to the Firestick homepage and click “settings>applications >manage installed applications.”
- The system will display all the installed app scroll and click on the Kodi app.
- The page will display the version details on the right side of the page.
- Check whether the Kodi version is 18.9. If yes, the Kodi already updates. Anything less (18.7 or 17.6) requires the applicant to update.
Through Kodi app
- Open the Kodi app on your device and select the option settings from the homepage.
- Next, enter the system details, proceed and check the build version under the “version info.”
- The option will help generate the version information on the Kodi you’re using. Suppose the page shows 18.9; this means the Kodi version is updated. For other old versions, the user needs to update the version.
How to update Kodi on Firestick
- Open the Firestick setting section and click the tab “my Fire TV> Developer options.”
- Under the option, you will find “unknown sources” turn it on to proceed.
- Again go back to the settings section click the “preference>privacy settings>collect App usage data.”
- Turn off the “collect App usage data.”
- The next applicant needs to download the Kodi update on the Firestick device.
- The latest Kodi version is Kodi 18.9 Leia. The user needs to download the updated app on the Amazon Firestick.
- Open the Firestick and click the search button enter the word “downloader.” Click the name on the search suggestion to proceed.
- Next, follow the instructions on downloading and installing the downloader app and launching it after the installation process.
- Enter the URL “http:// and click “go” button.
- After downloading the downloader app, you can easily update the latest Kodi version.
- Now click the “install” button give the Kodi APK sometime to install.
- When the app installs, a confirmation message will display on the screen. Kodi is now updated and can enjoy movies and TV shows.
- To verify, go to the Kodi settings page and click the option “system info.
- The page will display the version information on the screen.
How to update Kodi using the ES file explorer app
You can also use the ES file explorer app to update your Kodi version. Users should also learn ES file explorer now charges a fee of $9.99 per month.
- First, download and install the ES file explorer app on your device.
- Open the app and click the downloader tab.
- Next, click the + (add) new button at the bottom.
- Next, enter the URL (https ://) and click download now.
- The Kodi file APK will start downloading.
- Select “open file>install” Kodi will install on your device select open.
- Now you can use the latest Kodi version on your Firestick.
How to install Kodi on Firestick
If by any chance the above methods fail user needs to install the new Kodi app. This means the library data will be lost during the process.
- The applicant must uninstall the current version of Kodi from their device.
- Proceed to the Firestick setting page and open the application tab.
- Next, select the “manage installed applications” option.
- Click on “Kodi”>select “force stop”; this will stop Kodi from running in the background.
- Now select the “uninstall” tab.
- Next, you need to reinstall the Kodi app on your Firestick device.
- The installation method is similar to the update steps above.
All Kodi users require VPN software to keep their details safe from surveillance and hacking. Investing in a good VPN will help hide your identity and your geo-locations. You can enjoy free online streams without any worry.