Download Official TWRP 3.0.0 recovery for Xiaomi Mi 3 (cancro). Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. Now you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Xiaomi Mi 3. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has a completely new appearance, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and now you can flash image files also.
If you are a Mi 3 user, you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi 3. Already you have install custom recovery on Mi 3 then you can flash the latest version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits.
- Rooting invalid in your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Confirm your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Mi3
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac on your Computer. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery
- Download SuperSu to root Mi3 and copy it to your phone sd card.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3
- First, enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>.
- To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Xiaomi Mi 3 from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- Now you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3 via fastboot method.
- Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
- Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below.
adb reboot bootloader
- You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It
- will return your device serial number means your device properly connected.
- Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
- Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now type below command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.’
- In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Xiaomi Mi
- Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Mi 3 and install custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3 successfully.