How to Stream Audio or Video from PC to Android using Chrome Remote Desktop – Chrome Remote Desktop is a standout among the most underrated apparatuses with regards to remotely controlling PC from a phone. Contenders like Team viewer surely outperform it however Chrome Remote Desktop is as yet the most oversimplified approach to remotely control PC from a cell phone. Amazingly, Google has as of late refreshed the application with sound support, which implies, you can now stream sound from your PC to your phone. And, that also implies that you can even stream videos from PC to phone.
Along these lines, here in this guide, we’ll demonstrate to you how to stream audio or video from PC to Android via Chrome Remote Desktop:
Firstly, Chrome Remote Desktop is accessible as a Chrome application for PC and Mac. Also, it’s accessible on both iOS and Android gadgets. While our guide is gone for Windows and Android users, it ought to be really helpful for Mac and iOS clients as well. So, let’s dive in.
How to Setup Chrome Remote Desktop on Windows and Android
- [mks_button size=”small” title=”Download” style=”rounded” url=”https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-remote-desktop/gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp?hl=en” target=”_blank” bg_color=”#1e73be” txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”fa-arrow-down” icon_type=”fa” nofollow=”1″] and install Chrome Remote Desktop Chrome application on Your PC. And, ensure you’re logged into Chrome with your Google account.
- After you open the application you’ll get a dialogue box with two connection options. User-to-User connection and connection with your own computers. We’ll not deal here with user-to-user connection, which is mostly used for remote tech support. You need to click on “Get Started” with My Computer.
- Then, you will need to “enable remote connections“.
- Once done, the Chrome Remote Desktop app will ask you to download the Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer on your Windows PC. Just click on “Accept and Install” and the host installer will start downloading in Chrome. Once the download is completed, just run the installer.
- After it’s done, you’ll be asked to set a 6 digit PIN for the connection. This PIN will be required on your Android device while setup.
- Download and [mks_button size=”small” title=”install Chrome Remote Desktop app” style=”rounded” url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.chromeremotedesktop&hl=en” target=”_blank” bg_color=”#1e73be” txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”fa-arrow-down” icon_type=”fa” nofollow=”1″] from the Play Store on your Android smartphone.
- Open the app and make sure you are logged in with the same Google account that you are using on Chrome. Well, that’s all you need to do. You’ll then see your PC’s name in the My Computers list.
- Tap on your PC’s name and you’ll be asked to enter the PIN. Enter the 6 digit PIN that you had assigned during the setup on PC.
- That’s it. Your PC’s screen should now be mirrored to your Android smartphone. Now, you can just navigate to a music player and play some or a video. The audio will be streamed simultaneously. You can even play a video on YouTube to get a video with sound on your Android smartphone.
- To end the remote connection, just click on the “Stop Sharing” button at the bottom of your Windows desktop.
Some Tips to Use Chrome Remote Desktop
- Utilize your phone in the Landscape orientation for a better full-screen experience.
- Better the upload speed better the sound quality.
- Rename the name of connections, if you have multiple devices.
- In the case of emergencies or errors, you can trigger Ctrl + Alt + Delete from your phone. The command is accessible in the options.
Ready to stream audio or video from PC to Android?
Well, I’m assured that Chrome Remote Desktop has numerous other applications but streaming music or videos to your smartphone is not a bad idea.