Have you ever wandered around your home due to high levels of stress and thought of hiring a maid to help you out? These past few days, many homeowners have parents who are always working outside the home. Doing the cleaning and cooking and working full-time jobs while tending to your children is no easy task.
If you can pay for an extra set of hands to help decrease your stress, hiring a maid or someone to do house cleaning might be the perfect solution to your problems. However, before looking for a maid service, you need to know the particular type of duties a maid should and should not perform. Read down below to see the most common services for maids.
Maid vs. Housekeeper
You should know that a maid cleaner is not the same thing as a housekeeper – no matter how it sounds similar. It’s crucial to know the difference between the two so that you’ll know who to hire the perfect person for the job. The huge differences between a maid cleaner and a housekeeper depends on the frequency of visits and the services they offer when they’re at your home.
A maid cleaner is someone whose presence is more consistent at your home. She would come in there two to three times a week, depending on your service needs. While she’s there, a maid cleaner would complete a list of daily or weekly duties and will provide the cleaning products needed to complete her job.
A housekeeper is someone that you will hire for a much bigger task, such as deep cleaning your home, getting a home ready for a big party or when you need to take an out-of-town vacation. If you’re looking for someone who will always be staying in your home and be at your service, then a housekeeper is the good way to go.
- Office cleaning
- Regular cleaning for homes and apartments. Whether you’d like to schedule a regular cleaning or one-time visit, Modern Maid’s service includes cleaning your floor and mirrors, dusts cupboards, ceiling fans, and window blinds.
Our bedroom cleaning service includes cleaning and dusting the bedroom floor, changing the sheets, and fixing the bed as well.
Services You Can Expect From Your Maid
The list of what a maid should be doing in your home depends on what you need. You may ask yourself if you have any particular needs that will not fall on the list below (such as taking care of their pets). Here are just some of the duties that you can expect from your maid:
- Cleaning the bathrooms including toilets, mirrors, showers and bath towels
- Taking out the garbage and recycling as well
- Tidying up the rooms – these includes putting away toys and decluttering
- General cleaning of the kitchen, such as wiping down counters, appliances, and sinks
- Washing and ironing clothes
- Cleaning the living room – Everyone deserves to live in a tidy and comfortable living room. Modern Maids will take all the time to clean every corner of the room, paying attention to detail.
Services You Shouldn’t Expect From Your Maid
There are some services that you just can’t expect your maid to deliver, such as anything that might put them to danger or is not included in their field of expertise. Here are some examples of the services you can’t expect your maid to perform:
- Lifting heavy objects such as furniture – This is known as a safety issue and you should call in someone specialized to help you do tasks that would require physical strength.
- Cleaning up human waste – Being exposed to human waste could be harmful, so much better to contact a waste removal service to do that.
- Deep cleaning – To do that kind of job, you’ll need to hire professional cleaning services to come in.
Hiring a maid cleaner doesn’t have to be complicated as long as you understand the services that a maid cleaner can perform. As much as possible, be clear and concise with your job description and emphasize the things that are really important for you during the interview. Communicating with the applicant regarding your needs is the way to go to make sure that you find the right maid cleaner for your family.
Whether you’re looking for a regular house cleaning or a one-time service before a grand party, Modern Maids can surely help. Modern Maids will clean and sanitize your kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, and your living rooms as well. We’ll also clean the areas that sometimes you forget to clean, such as picture frames, doorknobs and even your lamps.
If you want frequent housekeeping, we can come to your home every week, every other week, or once a month, whatever you prefer. You may also request for a top-to-bottom house cleaning. Modern Maids in Dallas are highly trained and experienced professionals, background and reference-checked, and greatly rated by other Modern Maids clients.