NFC Tags are small passive devices that can be used to transfer data to an NFC successful Android smartphone, while it is available in close proximity of the tag. They’re pretty useful, if you want automating repetitive responsibilities. Whilst it is absolutely feasible to automate an Android smartphone without the usage of NFC Tags, they do provide an clean manner to automate stuff, as well. So, if you have an NFC capable Android telephone, right here are 8 unique ways to use NFC tags with your Android phone:
Note: You will obviously need an Android smartphone that has NFC capabilities. You can check our article on how to check NFC support on your Android smartphone.
1.Give Guests Access to Your WiFi Network
One of the first-rate makes use of I’ve found for NFC tags, is to robotically connect guests in your WiFi community. No greater do you want to continuously tell humans the (in all likelihood complex) passcode to your home WiFi. All they do, is simply faucet their smartphone on the NFC tag, and voila! They’re linked. To do that, you can simply follow the steps below:
- Download, and launch Insta WiFi app. Here, select the SSID(name) of your WiFi network, and the type of security you’re using (most probably WPA2).
- Once done, make sure you have a NFC tag handy, and simply tap on “Write to Tag“. Tap your phone to the NFC tag, and your WiFi details will be written to it.
That’s all you want to do. Now, whenever a guest comes in, they just need to tap their NFC capable device on the NFC tag, and they will be automatically connected to your WiFi network.
2.Direct People to Your Website or YouTube Channel
If you’re a content material creator on YouTube, or when you have a private website you’d like human beings to easily go to, you could try this with an NFC tag, as well. You just want an app this is capable of writing to NFC tags. There are a variety of apps to be had, however I’d recommend NFC Tools (free). It’s miles fantastically smooth to understand, and use. Once you have downloaded the app, you can do a whole lot of stuff with NFC Tags. If you need to direct people in your website, you could certainly comply with the steps under:
- Launch the app, and tap on “Write“. Here, tap on “Add a record“.
- Select “URL/URI“, and enter the address of the website that you want to direct people to. You can also enter the complete web address to your YouTube channel here.
- Once done, tap on “OK“. Then, tap on “Write“, and tap your phone on the NFC tag you want to use.
Once you have done that, you’re all set. Anyone with an NFC capable device can scan your NFC tag, and they’ll be automatically directed to the URL you entered. You can explore the app more, and use the options it offers to do a lot more with your NFC tags.
3.Dismiss an Alarm
In case you’re like me, and always become drowsing your alarm, this may genuinely come in available for you. With an app like NFC Alarm extremely (unfastened), you could installation your alarm so one can most effective turn off in case you experiment a particular NFC tag with your cellphone. So, you could region this NFC tag in a place that you may need to rise up to get admission to. To try this, simply download NFC Alarm extremely, and observe the steps below:
- Launch the app, and switch to the “alarms” tab. Here, tap on the “+” button to set up a new alarm.
- The app will ask you to add a new NFC tag. Tap on “Add Now“, and tap your phone on the NFC tag you wish to use. Tap on “Proceed“, once the phone recognizes your NFC tag.
- Add the alarm you wish to create, and ensure that you’ve checked the box next to “NFC Only“.
That’s it, you will now have to scan the NFC tag with your phone, to shut your alarm off when it goes off. So, go ahead, and stick that NFC tag someplace away from your bed!
4.Create a Car Mode
If you drive to work, or school, everyday, this one is probably going to be a lot of use to you. You can program an NFC tag to automatically put your phone into the perfect setting you need for your car. You can use NFC tags in your car, to enable Bluetooth, launch Android Auto, launch your music player, and do basically anything you want your phone to do. Here’s how you can set this up:
- Download and launch MacroDroid (Free version, 5 Macros only). Tap on “Add Macro“, and select NFC Tag as the “trigger“, in the next screen.
- In the dialog box that pops up, select “Write New Tag“, and tap on “OK“. Enter a name for the tag. Something like “Car” would probably be best.
- Scan the NFC tag you wish to use. You’ll see a pop up saying “NFC Tag Configured“.
- Then, select the actions you wish your phone to perform. In my case, I’ll turn Bluetooth on, launch Google Maps, and Google Play Music. So, first select “Bluetooth Configure”, and tap on “Toggle Bluetooth“. I’m doing this, so I can scan the NFC tag again when I get out of my car, and have it automatically turn Bluetooth off, as well.
- Back in the Actions screen, this time, select “Launch Application“. From the list of applications, select “Google Maps”; select “Force New”, and tap on “OK”.
- Add another action to launch an application, and select “Google Play Music”, this time.
- Tap on the tick mark on the bottom right of the screen. You will then get the option to add constraints. They’re optional, so just tap on the tick mark again.
Now you can stick the NFC tag in your car, and every time your phone touches it, it will automatically launch Google Maps, Play Music, and turn Bluetooth on/off. It might seem like a bit too much to set up, but it’ll save you a lot of time.
5.Create a Home Mode
Similar to a car mode, you can also make a home mode. You can put a NFC tag on your door, and program it to basically set your phone up perfectly for you. You can adjust the notifications volume, turn WiFi on, and if you want, you can even have it text someone to tell them that you’re safely home. Here’s how you can set it up, in MacroDroid:
- Launch the app, and tap on “Add Macro“. Choose “NFC Tag” as the trigger, and configure your NFC tag.
- In the Actions page, select “Volume Change“, and adjust the toggles to whatever values you think are suitable for your house.
- Then, add another action; select “WiFi Configure“, and tap on “Enable WiFi“.
If you need to send a text, as well, simply add another action, and select “Send SMS“. Enter the number you want the text to be sent to, and what you want the message to say, then tap on the tick mark on the top right of the screen.
- Once you’re back to “Actions” screen, tap on the tick mark on the bottom right. Do the same for the constraints page.
- Enter a name for the macro, “Home” will probably suit most people.
Now, whenever you scan the NFC tag with your phone, it will automatically enable WiFi, and send a text to the person you want. It’s incredibly easy, and will soon become a part of your routine.
6.Create a Bedside Profile
Every other smart manner you can use NFC tags, is to mechanically placed your telephone into the ideal mode to get to sleep. You can region an NFC tag for your bedside desk, and feature it lower the notification sound volume, set an alarm, and increase the alarm volume, as well. To do this, honestly follow the steps under:
- Launch MacroDroid, and create a new Macro. Select “NFC Tag” as the trigger, and scan the NFC tag you wish to use to trigger this macro.
- Then, add the “Volume Change” action, and set the volume metersto the value you prefer. Make sure you set the Alarm Volume to a value high enough to wake you up.
- Next, add the “Alarm Clock” action, and set the alarm time.
Once you’re done, just save the macro, and you’re good to go. You can stick this NFC tag to your bedside table, or wherever you place your phone at night, and it will ensure that you have your alarm set up, and that you don’t get disturbed by notifications while you’re asleep.
7.Log Entries for Repetitive Tasks
We all have a whole lot of duties that we do on a normal basis. It may be such things as descaling the washing system at domestic, or changing the filters on an air purifier. And, in case you tend to forget about when you closing replaced the filters for your air cleanser, and also you don’t need to must keep writing it down, you could use an NFC tag to routinely upload an access for your calendar for you. Right here’s how you could set this up:
- Launch the MacroDroid app, and add a new Macro. Select “NFC Tag”as the trigger for your Macro, and scan the NFC tag you wish to use.
- Next, under actions, select “Calendar – Log Event“. Here, choose the calendar you want to log the event to, and give the event a name.
Once you’re done, you can simply tap on the tick mark, to save the macro. Now, you can simply tap your phone on the NFC tag, and it will automatically log an entry into your calendar, so you don’t need to manually write down the last time you changed the filters on your air purifier.
8.Share Contact Details
If you like, you can even use NFC tags to share your contact details with anyone who wants to have it. It’s very simple to set up, and is definitely an easy way to share contact details for a company, and for other such applications. To set this up, simply follow the steps below:
- Launch the NFC Tools app, and switch to the “Write” tab. Here, tap on Add a record.
- From the list of records, select “Contact”. Fill up the details that you want to share, and tap on “OK“.
- Now, tap on “Write“, and tap your phone on the NFC tag you wish to use.
You’ve successfully set up an NFC tag to share your contact details. Whenever an NFC capable Android phone comes into close proximity to the NFC tag, it will automatically receive your contact details as a vcard, that can directly be saved into the phone, or a Google account.
1.Share Files Using NFC
You could use NFC to percentage files with any other NFC enabled Android cellphone as properly. To do that, all you need to do is download an app called “smooth NFC report transfer“. With this app for your cellphone, you may really pick the files which you need to send to the opposite tool, and tap the 2 gadgets together, to share them.
Download Easy NFC File Transfer from the Play Store (Free)
2.Use Custom NFC Buttons from Dimple.io
Dimple.io is a website that sells NFC buttons that you can stick on your phone. These buttons can be programmed to do whatever you want them to do, and you can simply press them to get that task to activate. The buttons are available in packs, and can be ordered from their website.
Buy dimple.io NFC buttons (starting from $14.99)
Use NFC Tags to Automate Everything on Your Android Phone
NFC tags are very easy to program, and are quite affordable. You can easily buy NFC tags from Amazon. There are a lot of different varieties available, and the prices vary according to the different capacities, and the strength of the adhesive.
So, do you use NFC tags with your Android phone? If you don’t, now is a good time to start, and if you do, and you know of some other great ways to use NFC tags.
NFC tags are very clean to software, and are quite low priced. You could effortlessly purchase NFC tags from Amazon. There are loads of exclusive sorts available, and the prices range in step with the one-of-a-kind capacities, and the energy of the adhesive.