When starting Visual Studio 2013 Pro after the Update 4 installed, the error “Microsoft. VisualStudio. Editor. Implementation. EditorPackage package did not load correctly“often occurs several times:
Removing %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\[Version]\ComponentModelCache and restarting VisualStudio fixes the problem.
Install the patch from the below site to fix this error:
When Visual studio 2012, 2013 and 2015 all are installed in a machine and Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 is performed, the error “package did not load correctly” occurred in VS 2013.
Follow the below steps to fix it:
1. Close all instances of Visual Studio
2. Delete everything in the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\ComponentModelCache
3. Restart Visual Studio
UPDATE for the above solution:
Instead of deleting all contents from the folder as in step 2, it is safer to rename the folder. Visual Studio will now create a new one, let us copy required files from the old folder.
The same problem occurred with VS 2015 Community RTC and to fix it delete everything in:
1. C:\Users\<your users name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0 and
2. C:\Users\<your users name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0
This helps to avoid uninstalling/reinstalling VisualStudio 2015.
One option to fix the problem:
1. Open control panel.
2. Open add or remove programs/Uninstall programs.
3. Click on the Microsoft Visual Basic version which throws error.
4. Click Uninstall/Change.
5. Follow the command to repair it.