Now its available to download the latest official version of TWRP 184.108.40.206 for Honor 5C.Now you can download the recovery and flash it via fastboot from below.Already TWRP recovery got updated including with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0.So now you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Honor 5c. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has some features like a whole new look, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and also now you can flash image files. Follow the below guide to Install and Root TWRP Recovery on Honor 5C.
Huawei Honor 5C user can Install and root TWRP Recovery on Honor 5C.Already if you install custom recovery on Honor 5C then you can flash the latest Official version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits. Here is the step to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 5C.So Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Honor 5C before that read the below note properly.
Some benefits of Rooting:
- For faster and better performance,You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your phone.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Automatically it Increase performance and battery life by killing background process.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your application and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- First you need to unlock bootloader of Honor 5C. (Check how to unlock bootloader of Honor 5C)
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your device.So follow the steps correctly else you may brick your device.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we instruct you first to take a complete backup of your phone, before you proceed.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Honor 5c:
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recoveryfor Honor 5C.
- Download SuperSu to root Huawei Honor 5C and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 5c:
Install TWRP on Huawei Honor 5C –
- First enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from setting > developer option >. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
- Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
- You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
- Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Honor 5c.
Root Honor 5C:
- To Root Honor 5c, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
- Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
- Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
- In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Huawei Honor 5c.
- Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Huawei Honor 5C and install custom recovery on Huawei Honor 5C successfully.
So this is the complete and easy way of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 5C.