Download TWRP 3.0.0 recovery for Xiaomi Mi4i. Recently, TWRP recovery updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means we can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Xiaomi Mi4i. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has a completely new look, true terminal emulator. It supports Android 6.0 and additionally we can flash image files. If you are a Mi4i user, first you can Root Mi4i and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi4i. Already install custom recovery on Mi4i then flash the latest version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits.
Benefits of Rooting:
- We can install custom ROM and custom kernel on our device for quicker and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- We can use Titanium Backup to restore all of our apps and data.
- We can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps).
- Rooting invalid our phone warranty, and we won’t claim it back.
- It will erase all our personal data including data of internal storage, so we guide you first to take a complete backup of our phone and then continue.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Mi4i:
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery (https://dl.twrp.me/ferrari/) for Mi4i.
- Download SuperSu to root Mi4i and copy it to your phone sd card.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi4i:
Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Xiaomi Mi4i and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’
Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”.
In command prompt type “fastboot devices” and press enter, it gives you serial numbers in return means your phone connect properly otherwise check the device driver again.
Type this command in command prompt without quotes “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
Now type this command in command prompt “fastboot boot recovery.img“ it will reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi4i.
With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Xiaomi Mi4i.
Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Mi4i and install custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi4i successfully.