People have created over 300 programming languages. But for a successful start, it is not necessary to learn all languages. Each language has its tasks and a field of application. Let’s figure out which languages will be in demand in 2022 and where to start your path to a career as a programmer.
What programming language should you learn first?
Programming is the process of creating custom programs from source code. It will take 6 to 10 months to learn a programming language at a basic level. But if you make a mistake when choosing, the language can quickly become outdated, and you will lose money and time.
- The most straightforward and accessible language to learn is Python if you are a beginner programmer. It is actively used in many IT companies.
- Java and C are much more complex, but they open doors to the world of hardcore programming.
- The use of other languages depends on the purpose and direction of the work. The knowledge of C++ will allow you to create games: arcades, simulators, shooters. For example, many NetEnt slots are written in C++.
- Java, Ruby, and PHP are used as server languages. Among client programming languages, Java is considered the most promising.
- If you plan to create apps for smartphones, we recommend learning Swift, Java, and Objective-C.
An experienced programmer should know several languages to understand the goals and objectives better. To determine popular languages, companies make various ratings: IEEE, TIOBE, and GitHub. Each of these 2022 rankings will be reviewed in detail.
The IEEE Institute of Engineers has updated its 2022 ranking of popular programming languages. Python also became the leader, which is the fourth victory in a row. And let Python rest on its laurels; Java took the second place of honor. First of all, it is relevant for Big Data, the development of Android applications, and back-end programs. In general, the TOP-5 is similar to the TIOBE ranking. The growing popularity of C# is associated with the release of Windows 11 and the ninth version of C#.
How to choose a programming language in 2022?
The programming is 80% self-study. All the necessary materials are available on the Internet. The most important thing you need right now is motivation. We encourage you to take a holistic approach to learn. For example, combine online courses with lectures, articles, and official documentation. Do not try to learn several languages at once; start with the simplest ones.