Dark Web Vs Deep Web
Surface Web Vs Dark Web
- Surface Web - Content visible in normal search engines like google, bing etc.. Are referred as Surface Web
- Dark Web - World Wide Web content that is not part of the Surface Web contents and it is not exposed to directed users but indexed by search engines.
- In Simple terms, Most content that is not easily accessible/available using standard means (i.e. search engines ).
- For example, web contents related to private user accounts are available in the deep web (Private Info).
- The Deep Web content will be of almost 400-550 times bigger than the surface web.
Surface Web Vs Deep Web
|Entries are statically generated
|Entries are dynamically generated (submitted to a query or accessed via form).
|Linked Content (web crawled)
|Readily accessible through any browser
or search engine unlike the Deep Web, which requires
special search engines, browsers, and proxies to access.
Limited Access Content (anti-robot protocols like CAPTCHA)
Tor Browser – Usage
- “The onion router” is used to access the dark web
- Tor browser is similar to Similar to a Firefox browser. Simple and Any on can get it
- The reason for using Tor browser is, the Host machine is untraceable
- Can stay anonymous - provides online anonymity by hiding users' IP address
- Can access Darknet - Override online censorship by enabling the users to access blocked websites and/or webpages
- Can see .onion extensions
- Does not include default online tracking features
- Does not make money out of users' data
How Tor Browser Works
Learn ethical-hacking - ethical-hacking tutorial - How tor browser works - ethical-hacking examples - ethical-hacking programs
Other Tools like Tor Browser
- The Tor Browser is on the market for the GNU Linux, Mac OS, Microsoft Windows and Android operating systems.
- Tor is the foremost strictly tested tool for keeping your on-line activities anonymous.
- Below are the alternative tools that override on-line censorship and protective the confidentiality of your internet traffic.
- Unlike Tor, these tools need that you simply trust the service provider:
- RiseupVPN - It’s is a free Virtual Private Network (VPN) proxy server compatible with many operating system like Linux, MAC, Android and Microsoft Windows.
- Psiphon - It’s is a free commercial Virtual Private Network (VPN) product developed specifically for Microsoft Windows and Android.
- Lantern - It’s is a free and open source circumvention high end anonymous tool for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.