How to Change Windows user password in Command Prompt ?
Change Windows User Password
- First, open an administrator Command Prompt. To do this, type cmd into the start menu. Right-click on the command prompt and choose "Run as administrator".
- When the Administrator command prompt opens, type
net userand press enter. The net user command to list all the users on your system.
- Now we can see all your Windows user accounts. To change the password for a particular account, type
net user USERNAME NEWPASS
- Here we can replace USERNAME and NEWPASS with the actual username and new password for the account. Further, if the username is more than one word, you’ll need to place it inside quotes.
- After executing this command, you’ll get a message that it completed successfully. Now we can use the new password to log into this account.
Learn Ethical Hacking - Ethical Hacking tutorial - Change Windows user password - Ethical Hacking examples - Ethical Hacking programs