Reverse IP Lookup - Find all websites available in the server
( Hacking / attacking server is illegal. This article provides only a high level view for educational purposes)
Find all websites available in the server
- A reverse IP domain check takes a domain name or IP address pointing to a web server and searches for other sites known to be hosted on that same web server.
- Data is gathered from search engine results, which are not guaranteed to be complete. IP-Address.org provides interesting visual reverse IP lookup tool.
- Knowing the other web sites hosted on a web server is important from both an SEO and web filtering perspective, particularly for those on shared web hosting plans.
- DNS provides for two kinds of mappings:
- name => IP. Multiple names can map to a single IP
- IP => name (also known as "reverse"). A given IP can map only to a single name.
- There are two methods available to find all the websites in the server
- Bing Reverse IP Search
- Reverse IP Lookup
Learn Ethical Hacking - Ethical Hacking tutorial - Reverse IP Lookup - Ethical Hacking examples - Ethical Hacking programs
Server Hacking - Method 1 : Bing Reverse IP Search
- Using bing search engine to hack the server.
Step 1 :
- Goto run and type cmd to enter into the Command Prompt.
Learn Ethical Hacking - Ethical Hacking tutorial - Run Command - Ethical Hacking examples - Ethical Hacking programs
What is ping command
- PING is Packet InterNet Groper. It is used to find the other network devices and check the communication within them.
- Type “Ping [Website Name]” as below, you will get the IP Address of the website located.
- The ip address displayed is nothing but the servers ip address where the website is hosted.
- In the Modern world, where the technology is getting more, every device wants to be on internet.
- But if there is any problem in that process, we need to check the cause of problem. So first we use the ping command to check if we are able to send some packets to that network device or not.
How to execute PING
- First open ‘cmd’ program in your computer.
- Then type the magic words ‘ping 192.168.0.1’ or ping xxx.com’ or ‘ping ip address & website’
Learn Ethical Hacking - Ethical Hacking tutorial - How to Hack a Server - Ethical Hacking examples - Ethical Hacking programs
Step 2 :
- Goto bing search engine and type the ip address as shown below,
Learn Ethical Hacking - Ethical Hacking tutorial - Bing Search Engine - Ethical Hacking examples - Ethical Hacking programs
Server Hacking - Method 2 : Reverse IP Lookup
- Using Third Party Websites to hack the server.
Step 1 :
- Get the reverse IP of the target server goto the below link
Step 2 :
- Type the website name as below picture and press the check button. Automatically you are able to see 398 domains available in the below specified IP Address. All these websites are hosted in this server.
Learn Ethical Hacking - Ethical Hacking tutorial - Reverse IP Domain Check - Ethical Hacking examples - Ethical Hacking programs
- The above article provides the initial step of finding the websites. To inject the pages into the webserver and deface the website by attacking the web server can be achieved through the below article - 11
Easy steps to hack a live web server with 100% working code
- The above link involves burpsuite to deface the website.