How to Hack Mobile as a FTP Server
How to Hack Mobile as a FTP Server
What is FTP Server ?
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) may be a normal web protocol for transmittal files between computers on the net over TCP/IP connections.
- FTP may be a client-server protocol wherever a client can raise a file, and a neighborhood or remote server can offer it.
- The end-user machine is usually known as the native host machine, that is connected via the net to the remote host-which is that the second machine running the FTP software package.
- FTP could be a client-server protocol that depends on 2 communications channels between client and server: a command channel for the conversation and a data channel for transmitting file content.
- FTP helps sharing of files via remote computers with reliable and efficient reliable and data transfer.
- FTP uses a client-server architecture.
How to transfer files from website to webserver ?
OPTION 1: To load into FTP server
Considering, I got a certain website which I need to upload data / files into the server is using FTP client. FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is used to transfer data from one pc (your personal computer) to another pc (webserver). For example, since online casinos became very popular in India, we'll use it as an example. Casino review websites have to work really hard on their content so the user will be able to enjoy updated and rich content. One of the casinos is LeoVegas. One of the biggest review websites has a LeoVegas casino review page. Sites like that, often have to use FTP to transfer their content and files to the webserver. FTP client looks like File Manager and you’ll be able to copy (upload, download) files here from one pc to another pc.
- Run FileZilla Client.
- First, you must add your website information: Go to File - Site Manager:
- Click on New Site button and add required information in General folder:
- Host - hostname of your website
- Server type - mostly FTP - File Transfer Protocol
- Logotype - Normal
- User - your username
- Password - your password.
- Click on OK button to save the changes.
- Now information about your site are stored.
- You can connect your website (server) now.
- Click on File - Site Manager, select your site and click on Connect button.
OPTION 2: Using command terminal FTP.
- Type ftp to get into FTP mode.
- Type open <ip address> (where ip address is the server’s network IP address) to open your connection to the FTP server.
- At this point, you’re asked for a username and password.
- For many FTP servers, using the username anonymous and your e-mail address as the password is enough to get you logged in. Some sites even permit you to log in without any username or password at all. On secure sites, however, you need to use a given username and password provided by the administrator of that specific server.
- Type lcd <folder> (where folder is a specific folder name) to change into the folder on your local drive that you want files to come to or from.
- Type the ls and cd commands to place yourself into the desired folder on the FTP server.
- Type the ascii or bin command to set your file transfer mode to ASCII or binary, respectively.
- This is important because choosing the wrong type will likely cause the transfer to fail. Unless it’s a plain-text file, continuously use binary mode.
- Type the get, mget, put, and mput commands to send or receive the desired files.
Learn ethical-hacking - ethical-hacking tutorial - FTP Commands - ethical-hacking examples - ethical-hacking programs
This can be done via the command prompt also via the FTP command.
Read AlsoServer Hacking - What is web server ?
FTP Server Authentication :
- There are four different forms of ftp server authentication:
- Anonymous Authentication
- Basic Authentication
- Client Certificate Authentication
- Custom Authentication
- The anonymous Authentication requires the settings for anonymous access. This form of authentication permits access to an FTP site without a user account on your server or domain, and is most often used for public FTP sites.
- The basic Authentication component specifies the settings for Basic authentication. This form of authentication needs that user’s valid user accounts on your server or domain before they can log in.
Client Certificate Authentication:
- This method of authentication uses client certificates to authenticate FTP clients.
- When custom authentication providers are added to FTP sites, the FTP service can attempt to authenticate a user with every custom authentication provider that’s enabled within the order that the providers are stated in the FTP configuration settings.
Anatomy of FTP – Hack FTP Server
1. Hack Using Website Address: (<ftp://wikitechy.com>)
Learn ethical-hacking - ethical-hacking tutorial - Hack using website address - ethical-hacking examples - ethical-hacking programs
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a typical Internet protocol for sending files between computers on the Internet over TCP/IP connections. FTP may be a client-server protocol wherever a client will ask for a file, and a local or remote server can provide it.
- *ftp - is a key word.
- *.com - is a top level domain
- * <ftp://wikitechy.com> - is a host name.
- To authenticate the FTP server, anonymous authentication is not a preferable one. Hackers will enter into the website via this kind of authentication.
2. Hack server via IP ADDRESS: (ftp:// 192.168.30.45)
Learn ethical-hacking - ethical-hacking tutorial - Hack Server via IP Address - ethical-hacking examples - ethical-hacking programs
- Follow the same process as above, instead of opening the server name, we can work out with the server’s IP Address.
How to convert Mobile into a FTP Server
To access files from the mobile to client pc. Below are the steps to proceed,
- Open Playstore and install “wifi FTP server”.
- Open the App in your mobile and click Start button.
- You will get the below details such as,
- a. URL to access the mobile
- b. Username
- c. Password.
Learn ethical-hacking - ethical-hacking tutorial - Wifi FTP Server - ethical-hacking examples - ethical-hacking programs
- Now go to your client PC and Open the URL displayed in your mobile.
- Now you are able to see all the documents and pictures available in your mobile. Enjoy hacking and sharing.
Note: Both the mobile and PC needs to be in the same network.
Learn ethical-hacking - ethical-hacking tutorial - Wifi FTP Server for PC - ethical-hacking examples - ethical-hacking programs