Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi recently launched it’s leading device Xiaomi Mi 5. The Mi 5 has 5.15-inch Full HD (1080p) IPS display with almost zero bezels and has a pixel density of 428PPI and weighs only 129g. Under the hood, the phone powered by the Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset and an Adreno 530 GPU. The Mi5 comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB Internal storage with 3D glass back. Xiaomi also integrates a fingerprint sensor in the physical home button. Check out specifications of Mi 5. The phone currently released, but developers already find with how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5.
If you are a Xiaomi Mi 5 user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Rooting invalid in your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Confirm your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Mi4
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac on your Computer. This will also install your device driver.
Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery for Mi 5.
- Download SuperSu to root Mi5 and copy it to your phone sd card.
- Remove Boot Verify patch, to fix official ROM OTA update (to prevent bootloop)
- Included ‘Boot Verify’ option in ‘Advanced Settings’
Known Issue (TWRP)
- TWRP Touch is not responding for 3-4 min.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 4
- First, enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>.
- To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Xiaomi Mi 5 from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- Now you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5 via fastboot method.
- Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
- Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below command or pressing “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time.
adb reboot bootloader
- You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected.
- Check your driver if the above command is not responding
- Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now type below command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
- Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
- Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes”.
- Now go to the option Reboot to recovery and allow disable recovery flash.
- Now repeat step Number 5 and no need to format data again.
- In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Xiaomi Mi5.
- Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Xiaomi Mi5 and install custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi5 successfully. The first reboot takes some time to start the system.