How long do you expect to stay with our organization ?
Various ways in which this question can be asked:
- How long do you expect to remain employed with this company ?
- How long do you think you will be in this role ?
- Where do you see yourself in five years ?
Reason for asking for this question is:
- To know clearly why working for them is attractive to you.
- To note specific aspects of the job which appeal to you and would encourage you stay on for a long time.
- If you mention a recent industry or company development and how that relates to your goals, that can set you apart as a well.
Points to emphasize:
- Talk about how your past work experiences have prepared you for a long- or short-term position.
- If you might move because of a military spouse or other reason, be honest in your response.
- Emphasize any skills that will help you be effective during your time with the company.
- If you can, say how your timeline makes you a good candidate for the job.
Your answer can be like:
- I would like to stay as long as there are growth opportunities.
- I would prefer to stay long term, if possible. I like the flexible hours you offer, which would work well with my other commitments, like my studies.
- I'm really excited about the research and innovations your company has delivered in the past few years. I've been looking for a position with a dynamic company engaged in the community, and your organization certainly fits that description. I think this role is a great match for my skills and experience and offers me a chance to grow professionally. I expect to be here for as long as I have the opportunity to make contributions.
- I’m confident that this company can offer me a fulfilling and exciting career and I want to remain with you as long as I’m having a positive impact on the enterprise.