What are your Strengths and Weaknesses ?
- Things to keep in mind while you’re preparing your answers are:
- Your answer must be true.
- Relevant to the position applied for.
- It must also be relevant to the company.
- Answers must be accurate.
- Ultimately what you’re aiming to do is to reassure the hiring manager that you’re the right person for the job.
- You want to make sure your answer shows them that your strengths are in line with what the company needs and is looking for.
- You need to let them know that you are fully capable of doing the job you’re being hired to perform and that you are the perfect person.
What is your strengths
Some of the strength that you can mention are:
- Solid Leadership skills
- Solid Management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to take on responsibilities
- Problem Solver
- Hard working
- Able to work independently
- Creative Reliable
- Quick learner
- Clear attention to details
Ways to answer your Strengths:
- I strive to be the best at what I do.
- I work best as part of a team, working towards a common.
- When things are going badly, I still manage to keep hold of my sense of humour.
- I’ve always been known for my work ethic. I am committed to meeting deadlines and taking responsibility for the quality of my performance. A few months ago I was working with a client who had us on a tight deadline. There was a mix-up in the delivery of some key paperwork and it didn’t get to our office until closing the night before the deadline. Rather than go home and ignore the problem, I stayed late and finished the project, making sure that our deadline was not only met, but that the report was accurate.”
- “I’m a normal person. As a customer service rep for the past five years, I’ve learned how to deal with a wide variety of personalities. I enjoy handling tough cases as it gives me a chance to problem solve. I enjoy interacting with the public and love doing outreach. Two summers ago I was lucky enough to be a part of the Black Friday crew. A lot of other employees found it stressful and didn’t enjoy it but I really found that I loved the excitement and the rush of having so many people come through so quickly. Not only was I constantly engaged, but I was able to provide one on one shopping assistance to a few last minute gift buyers. Not only did I have a great time but my team had the highest receipts for the entire weekend! It felt great.”
Reason for asking this question:
- How we handle.
- Are we honest in answering.
- To ensure whether we have the capability to correct things.
- Do they take any risks hiring you?
What are your weakness
Some of the weaknesses that you can mention are:
- Critical thinking.
- Technical skill.
- Presentation skills.
- Too focused.
- Time management.
Ways to answer your weaknesses:
- Be specific.
- Avoid deal-breakers for the job.
- Remember that a weakness isn’t necessarily bad.
- In my last position, I wasn't able to develop my public-speaking skills. I'd really like to be able to work in a place that will help me get better at giving presentations and talking in front of others.
- Sometimes I'm little bit lazy, believing every one which is not true in all case. I can't say No directly if someone asks me for help. Also, I think I'm not at all a highly talkative person. Sometimes it is my strength too. But I am improving to overcome it.