Why are you leaving your previous job ?
Various forms in which this question can be asked are :
- Why are you looking for a new position now ?
- Why did you leave your most recent position ?
- Why did you leave Position X ?
Why did you leave your last job
Reason for asking this question:
- They want to know whether you are leaving for good reason.
- To know whether you are leaving your job voluntarily.
- To identify whether you are leaving for a good term.
- To know about your work values.
Your answers could be like:
- I worked way too hard at my job to have time available to job-hunt alongside my work, so when I decided I needed a new challenge I left my job to focus on my job search full-time.
- I had learned everything I could in that job so I decided to take a little time off and focus on my next adventure.
- The direction of my last company shifted away from so it was the perfect time for me to leave.
- I have been at my company for three years now and have learned a lot from working with some amazing salespeople.
- I worked my way up to regional sales manager 18 months ago and my region has beat our sales projections by at least 25% each quarter since.
- However, I am starting to feel like I need some new challenges.
- This position really appeals to me because it would allow me to manage a bigger team and sell more innovative products.