C - Basics
C Introduction - C Basics
- C -Programming is a said to be the high-level structured oriented programming language , which is used generally for programming.
- C -Programming is developed by Dennis Ritchie at AT & T Bell Telephone Laboratories, USA between the year of 1969 and 1973 .
C Program Structure - Definition and Usage
- C - programming is the structure oriented Programming language in which the programs are compiled and run in a top down approach.
C Data type - Definition and Usage
- Data types in C, specify how we enter data into our programs and what type of data we enter.
- A Data Type is a Type of Data which has some storage format that can cover a Specific Type or Range of Values.
- In C, computer program stores data in variables , & each variable must be assigned with the specific data type.
C Primitive Data Types - Definition and Usage
- The primitive data types in c language are the inbuilt data types provided by the c language itself .
- Thus, all C compilers provide support for these data types. The Primitive Datatypes are as follows:
- Integer Data Type (int)
- Float data Type (float)
- Double Data Type (double)
- Character Data Type (char)
- Void Data Type (void)
C Non Primitive Data Types - Definition and Usage
- The data types that are derived from primary data types are known as non-Primitive data types.
- The non-primitive datatypes are used to store group of values.
- The non-primitive data types are :
C Constant - Definition and Usage
- A constant is a value that never changes.
- Constant in C means the content whose value does not change at the time of execution of a program.
- Constants are also called literals.
- It is considered as the best exercise to define constants using only upper-case names.
Keywords in C - Definition and Usage
- Keywords are part of the syntax and they cannot be used as an identifier.
- Keywords are those words whose meaning is already defined by Compiler.
- Keywords cannot be used as Variable Name.
- There are 32 Keywords in C programming.
- C Keywords are also called as Reserved words..