C - Getchar
Learn C - C tutorial - Getchar - C examples - C programs
C - getchar() - Definition and Usage
- In C- Programming the getchar function is similar to the scanf statement, which will accept a character from the console file (console file is the output window where we can get the input values) or from a file, displays immediately while typing (after typing we need to press Enter key for proceeding).
Sample Coding - Get Char
C Code - Explanation
- In this statement we declare the variable “X” as char data type.
- In this statement we are getting the char value which will be stored in the variable “x”.
- Here the printf statement is used for printing the value of the variable”x”.
- Here in this output we get the character “W” and the character will be displayed using the printf statement in the console window of C.