C - Dynamic Malloc Function - malloc in C
Structure and Linked List with C Programming in Tamil
Learn C - C tutorial - Malloc in c - C examples - C programs
C Dynamic malloc() Function - Definition and Usage
- In C- Programming the malloc () function is used to allocate space in memory during the execution/runtime of the program.
- malloc () does not initialize the memory allocated during execution,It carries garbage value.
- malloc () function returns null pointer if it couldn’t able to allocate requested amount of memory.
Sample - C Code
C Code - Explanation
- In this statement we declare the pointer variable “var_memoryalloc” as character datatype.
- In this statement we allocate the memory space dynamically.
- In this condition we check whether the memory space is empty or not.
- In this statement the memory space will be allocated where the content will be assigned for the certain variable.
- Here in this statement we print the value of the variable “var_memoryalloc”.
- After the process gets completed, we free dynamically allocate memory space.
Sample Output - Programming Examples
- Here in this output the dynamic memory will be allocated and the string “wikitechy.com” will be copied and printed as shown in the console window.