realloc & free in C
Structure and Linked List with C Programming in Tamil
Learn C - C tutorial - realloc - C examples - C programs
C - realloc() & free() Function - Definition and Usage
- In C- Programming the realloc () function is used for modifying the allocated memory size by malloc () and calloc () functions to new size.
- In C-Programming the realloc function is used for extending the allocate memory space.
Free() Function :
- In C-Programming the free function is used to frees the allocated memory by malloc (), calloc (), realloc () functions and returns the memory to the system.
Sample - C Code
C Code - Explanation
- In this statement we assign the address of the “q” variable to “ptr” .
- In this printf statement we print the address of the variable “q” .
- In this printf statement we print the value of the variable “q” .
- In this statement the memory space will be allocated where the content will be assigned for the certain variable.
- In this statement we reallocate the memory space where we extend the memory space using realloc function.
- In this statement we check the memory space is empty are not.
- In this printf statement we print the extended memory space.
Sample Output - Programming Examples
- In this statement we declare the pointer variable “mem_allocation” as character datatype.
- In this statement we allocate the memory space dynamically using calloc function.
- In this condition we check the memory space is empty or not..