C - Introduction
- C -Programming is a said to be the high-level structured oriented programming language , which is used generally for programming.
- C -Programming is developed by Dennis Ritchie at AT & T Bell Telephone Laboratories, USA between the year of 1969 and 1973 .
- In the year of 1988, C was formalized by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI).
- C -Programming was invented to write the UNIX operating system.
- C -Programming is a successor of Basic Combined Programming Language abbreviated as BCPL , called as B language.
- Linux OS, PHP and MySQL is written in C -Programming.
- C-Programming has been written in assembly language (Machine understandable language or low level language).
Features of C Language
- C-Programming is considered as the robust(tough) programming language with its rich set of built-in functions and operators.
- Programs written in C language is quite efficient and fast.
- C language programing is considered as highly portable
- The programs once written in C-programming can run on another machines/system with no modifications or minor changes.
- C language is basically said to be the collection of C library functions.
- In C, we can also create our own function functions and can add it to the C library.
C-Programming has become so very popular for various reasons :
- C-language is considered as one of the early programming language.
- Best programming language.
- Able to learn C-language quickly.
- C programming is reliable; simple & it is easy to use.
- C programming is a structured oriented language.
- Modern programming concepts are based on C language for example Linux, PHP, Unix and so on.
- It can be compiled on a variety of computer platforms (Windows 2000, Mac OS X & so on).
Uses of C language
- In the earlier stage C -Programing was used for developing system applications such as :
- Database Systems.
- Language Interpreters.
- Compilers & Assemblers.
- Operating Systems (OS).
- Network Drivers.
- Word Processors.